physical laws and GP

  • Chris Setzkorn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005
      Dear all,

      I am interested in some publications in which GP has been used to extract
      physical laws from some measurements from the environment. Any pointers
      would be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

      Best wishes,

      Chris
    • hegallis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005
        Suppose Maarten got some exciting results on this.

        Yang

        --- In genetic_programming@yahoogroups.com, Chris Setzkorn
        <C.Setzkorn@c...> wrote:
        > Dear all,
        >
        > I am interested in some publications in which GP has been used to
        extract
        > physical laws from some measurements from the environment. Any
        pointers
        > would be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
        >
        > Best wishes,
        >
        > Chris
      • Maarten
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005
          Chris,

          it might be worthwhile to check out my thesis (*) and several
          articles, especially the GPEM-2002 article (**) and the Gecco paper
          I presented last week (***). Many of these can be found at
          http://www.cs.vu.nl/~mkeijzer/publications/mybibliography.html,
          although it is a bit out of date. I'll be happy to send you copies
          of papers that can not be found there.

          Hope this helps,

          -Maarten-

          (*)
          @PhdThesis{keijzer:2001:thesis,
          author = "Maarten Keijzer",
          title = "Scientific Discovery using Genetic Programming",
          school = "Danish Technical University",
          year = "2002",
          address = "Lyngby, Denmark",
          month = mar,
          keywords = "genetic algorithms, genetic programming",
          URL =
          "http://www.cs.vu.nl/~mkeijzer/publications/thesis.ps.gz",
          URL =
          "http://www.cs.vu.nl/~mkeijzer/publications/thesis/",
          size = "pages",
          }

          (**)
          @Article{keijzer:2002:GPEM,
          author = "Maarten Keijzer and Vladan Babovic",
          title = "Declarative and Preferential Bias in {GP}-based
          Scientific Discovery",
          journal = "Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines",
          year = "2002",
          volume = "3",
          number = "1",
          pages = "41--79",
          month = mar,
          keywords = "genetic algorithms, genetic programming, symbolic
          regression, strong typing, coercion typing,
          empirical
          equations, hydraulics",
          notes = "Article ID: 395989",
          }

          (***)
          Maarten Keijzer, Martin Baptist, Vladan Babovic, Javier Uthurburu
          Determining Equations for Vegetation Induced Resistance using
          Genetic Programming
          Gecco-2005