Adaptive terminal selection?

  • Domagoj Jakobovic
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2005
      Hello all!

      Could anyone point me to any work on adaptively selecting terminals
      (primitives) to be included in GP individuals? The only article I was
      able to find is this one: "Improving Performance of GP by Adaptive
      Terminal Selection"
      (http://staff.aist.go.jp/k.miyashita/publications/PRICAI2000.ps).

      I'd appreciate it if anybody could give me more information about the
      subject...

      Thanks,

      Domagoj Jakobovic

      --
      "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
    • Bob MacCallum
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10, 2005

        If I remember correctly, you might find this is relevant:

        Grammatical Evolution by Grammatical Evolution: The Evolution of
        Grammar and Genetic Code
        Michael O'Neill and Conor Ryan
        http://www.springerlink.com/openurl.asp?genre=article&issn=0302-9743&volume=3003&spage=138

        cheers,
        Bob.
        http://www.sbc.su.se/~maccallr/

        on Wed, 09 Mar 2005 12:07:21 -0000, Domagoj Jakobovic