Games & genetic programming

  • fgentox
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2004
      Hello,

      I am a student in computer science (5th year) and i have to write a
      bibliographic study about 'Evolution algorithms in video games'
      (genetic algorithms/programming only).

      I am looking for [papers | serious documents] about this subject. I
      searched on the web, but can't find a lot of useful ones. This study
      covers both professional video games (commercial ones) and research
      only games (board games, etc.).

      Thanks a lot !

      P.S.: Please ask if you need more details !
    • "Antonio J. Fern├índez Leiva"
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2004

        there are some papers on this topic published in the 'International Journal
        of Intelligent Games and Simulation' .
        Here you have the Web address:

        http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/~cm1822/ijigs.htm

        The access to the papers is free (after a classical registration).
        rom the papers in this Journal, you can obtain another related references.

        Also, you can find some papers on this issue that have recently been
        published in the International Conference on Computational
        Intelligence (Fuzzy Days'04). The proceedings will be published in the
        "Advances in Soft Computing" Series
        of Springer. In this conference. I have a paper titled '"Action Games:
        Evolutionary Experiences". If you want it, just e-mail me (I do not
        want to attach the paper to this message so that people who are not
        interested do not receive unnecessary stuff :-). In this paper
        you can find some useful references on the topic.

        Also you can find some more papers in the Book Series: "AI Game
        Programming Wisdom" edited by Steve Rabin and
        published by Charles River Media. Specially, the second volume containd
        some papers about the use of
        Evolutionary (and AI in general) techniques in Games.

        cheers,
        Antonio