Trying to verify list of previously published papers applying GP to design (or re-design) of optical lens systems

  • John Koza
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2004
      Hello All:

      I am trying to get a list of previously published papers applying GP to
      design (or re-design) of optical lens systems. By "design," I mean the
      automated creation of BOTH the topology (number of lens, layout of lens) and
      the choice of numerical (e.g. spacing) and non-numerical (e.g., glass type)
      parameters.

      Of course, there is a HUGE literature (including an 82-page 2000
      bibliography compiled by Alander) on the use of GA to optimize the choice of
      numerical (and non-numerical) parameters in an optical lens system that has
      already been designed.

      Using Bill Langdon's bibliography (and other sources), I am currently only
      aware of the following GECCO-2002 paper applying GP to the design
      (re-design, in this case) of optical lens systems:

      Beaulieu, Julie, Gagné, Christian, and Parizeau, Marc. 2002. Lens system
      design and re-engineering experimentations with genetic algorithms and
      genetic programming. In Langdon, W. B., Cantu-Paz, E., Mathias, K., Roy, R.,
      Davis, D., Poli, R., Balakrishnan, K., Honavar, V., Rudolph, G., Wegener,
      J., Bull, L., Potter, M. A., Schultz, A. C., Miller, J. F., Burke, E., and
      Jonoska, N. (editors). 2002. Proceedings of the 2002 Genetic and
      Evolutionary Computation Conference. San Francisco, CA: Morgan Kaufmann.
      Pages 155–162.

      Thank you.

      John R. Koza

      Consulting Professor
      Biomedical Informatics
      Department of Medicine
      Medical School Office Building (MC 5479) Stanford University Stanford,
      California 94305-5479

      Consulting Professor
      Department of Electrical Engineering
      School of Engineering