Online version of GEP book: Chapter 3

  • Candida Ferreira
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2004
      Dear All,

      The third chapter of my book GENE EXPRESSION PROGRAMMING: MATHEMATICAL
      MODELING BY AN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE is now available to browse online at:

      http://www.gene-expression-programming.com/gep/Books/index.asp

      The book has 7 chapters and the first three have already been posted (1
      Introduction; 2 The Entities of Gene Expression Programming; and 3 The Basic
      Gene Expression Algorithm). The remaining chapters (4 The Basic GEA in
      Problem Solving; 5 Design of Neural Networks; 6 Combinatorial Optimization;
      and 7 Evolutionary Studies) will follow shortly.

      Entries for Chapter 3:

      Chapter 3: THE BASIC GENE EXPRESSION ALGORITHM
      1. Populations of individuals
      1.1. Creation of the initial population
      1.2. Subsequent generations and elitism
      2. Fitness functions and selection
      2.1. Fitness functions and the selection environment
      2.2. Selection
      3. Reproduction with modification
      3.1. Replication and selection
      3.2. Mutation
      3.3. Transposition and insertion sequence elements
      3.3.1. Transposition of insertion sequence elements
      3.3.2. Root transposition
      3.3.3. Gene transposition
      3.4. Recombination
      3.4.1. One-point recombination
      3.4.2. Two-point recombination
      3.4.3. Gene recombination
      4. Solving a simple problem with GEP

      I hope you enjoy it.

      All the best,
      Candida Ferreira

      ---
      Candida Ferreira, Ph.D.
      Chief Scientist, Gepsoft
      http://www.gene-expression-programming.com/author.asp

      GEP: Mathematical Modeling by an Artificial Intelligence
      http://www.gene-expression-programming.com/gep/Books/index.asp
      Modeling Software
      http://www.gepsoft.com/gepsoft/
      Get APS 3.0 Std free with the book!
    • balasubramanian karuppiah
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2004
        Mamdam,
        very much thank for your compliment ie your book.it is very useful for our Ph.D work.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        K.BALASUBRAMANIAN,
        Sr.LECTURER/PRODUCTION,
        SETHU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,