ECJ 11 and MASON 3 released

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 11, 2004
      Just in time for the GECCO Tiny-GP Contest :-) ECLab has posted ECJ 11,
      the canonical example of how to program GP in the small! We've also
      posted MASON version 3.

      ECJ has finally, and officially, moved from U Maryland to George Mason
      University. The new URL is:

      http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/ecj/

      If you have any projects which used ECJ that you'd like a link from off
      of the main page, let me know. MASON is likewise at

      http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/mason/

      ECLab's home page is http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/

      For those who are still scratching their heads, here's the boilerplate:

      -----
      ECJ is a research EC system written in Java. ECJ has a very large
      number of features and was designed to be highly flexible, with nearly
      all classes (and all of their settings) dynamically determined at
      runtime by a user-provided parameter file. All structures in the system
      are arranged to be easily modifiable. Even so, the system was designed
      with an eye toward efficiency; ECJ may make you reconsider notions
      about Java and slowness. The software has nothing to do with
      Evolutionary Computation Journal :-)

      MASON is a fast discrete-event multiagent simulation library core in
      Java, designed to be the foundation for large custom-purpose Java
      simulations, and also to provide more than enough functionality for
      many lightweight simulation needs. MASON contains both a model library
      and an optional suite of visualization tools in 2D and 3D. The toolkit
      is co-developed by ECLab and GMU's Center for Social Complexity.
      -----

      Sean Luke
      George Mason University
    • czh9768@cis.ksu.edu
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 12, 2004
        I just downloaded the ecj.tar.gz but when I checked changes file, it
        still says 10, and I ran ecj and it reported version 10 also.
        Similarly the ec.zip is also version 10.

        --- In genetic_programming@yahoogroups.com, Sean Luke <sean@c...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 13, 2004
          On Mar 12, 2004, at 11:45 PM, czh9768@... wrote:

          > I just downloaded the ecj.tar.gz but when I checked changes file, it
          > still says 10, and I ran ecj and it reported version 10 also.
          > Similarly the ec.zip is also version 10.

          Can anyone else verify this? When I download it on the new site, it's
          version 11.

          My theory: any chance you're still seeing the old files on the old
          website (umd) because your web browser's cache hasn't been flushed? Go
          instead to cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/ecj/

          At present we don't have the permissions to delete or rename files on
          the old UMD site, so though we've changed the index.html file, the old
          ecj files are still there.

          Sean
        • Scott J. Harmon
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 13, 2004
            I also get the old version when I download. The md5sum is:
            27a62a7e20e80e317b3ab9282204211a ec.tar.gz

            To download I did:
            "wget http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/plus/ec/ecj/ec.tar.gz"

            Which is the link given by the page at:
            http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/ecj/

            Thanks,

            Scott Harmon.

            Sean Luke wrote:
            > On Mar 12, 2004, at 11:45 PM, czh9768@... wrote:
            >
            > > I just downloaded the ecj.tar.gz but when I checked changes file, it
            > > still says 10, and I ran ecj and it reported version 10 also.
            > > Similarly the ec.zip is also version 10.
            >
            > Can anyone else verify this? When I download it on the new site, it's
            > version 11.
            >
            > My theory: any chance you're still seeing the old files on the old
            > website (umd) because your web browser's cache hasn't been flushed? Go
            > instead to cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/ecj/
            >
            > At present we don't have the permissions to delete or rename files on
            > the old UMD site, so though we've changed the index.html file, the old
            > ecj files are still there.
            >
            > Sean
            >

            > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
            > <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cef9bss/M=266841.4700596.5858952.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705948923:HM/EXP=1079292142/A=2026346/R=0/SIG=12473cbsu/*http://www.lifescapeinc.com/picasa/landing.php?capid=314&caId=2343>

          • Scott J. Harmon
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 13, 2004
              OK, replying to my own post now :-O

              I think the correct links should be:
              http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/ecj/ec.tar.gz
              http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/ecj/ec.zip

              The links off the website:
              http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/ecj/
              are pointing to the old location at umd.

              Thanks,

              Scott Harmon.

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 13, 2004
                Yep, that was the case. It's been fixed now (I hope!). Thanks for the
                help Scott.

                Sean