Master paper on GA/GP question

  • Christofer Jönsson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2001
      Hi!

      I have resently resumed the work on my master paper. The paper is
      supposed to be a survey of GA and GP, with the mayor focus on GP. I
      originaly began my work early in the spring of 99. For a number of
      reasons I didn't finnish my paper then.

      My qestion now is what has happaned since then?
      What ground braking work has been presented?

      I've made some seaches on the web but most of the sites(those i knew
      from spring 99) out there were either gone or out dated.

      Any pointers to good web resources and books/papaers would be much
      appreciated.

      Christofer Jönsson
      Christofer.Jonsson@...
    • Benjamin Ashpole
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2001
        Hi Christofer,
        I'm not sure that I can answer your question, but I am interested in what
        you find. I'm writing a sort of GP suite that I hope will include many
        types of good/standard selection regime, etc. A skeleton of the program is
        working already, so this is one of the major remaining tasks. So, if you're
        interested in this, or you come across cool stuff, please feel free to let
        me know!

        Best,
        Ben

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2001
          Benjamin Ashpole wrote:

          > Hi Christofer,
          > I'm not sure that I can answer your question, but I am interested in what
          > you find. I'm writing a sort of GP suite that I hope will include many
          > types of good/standard selection regime, etc. A skeleton of the program is
          > working already, so this is one of the major remaining tasks. So, if you're
          > interested in this, or you come across cool stuff, please feel free to let
          > me know!

          There's such a thing now, (a couple, actually), it's called EO, at
          http://eodev.sourceforge.net ; it includes GP along with any selection
          regime you might think of, and then some... The reference at the bottom
          is also a good one, if you work in Java, and want to do distribution of
          tasks among different machines.

          Tutorial Perl => http://granavenida.com/perl
          PPSN2002 => http://ppsn2002.ugr.es
          Dream => http://dr-ea-m.sourceforge.net