New poll for genetic_programming

  • genetic_programming@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 11, 2004
      genetic_programming group:

      Which GP engine do you use most frequently?
      These are as many as I could think of off the
      top of my head...

      o LilGP
      o ECJ
      o pushGP
      o GP-Quick
      o GPdata
      o GPsys
      o JGProg
      o GPC++ .4
      o GPC++ .5
      o Your own creation :)
      o Lisp
      o Dream
      o ECKit
      o Grammatical Evolution
      o GP Kernel (Vienna Flavor)

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • Juan J. Merelo Guervós
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 11, 2004
        EO is missing. It just released version 0.9.3a

        JJ
      • Sara Silva
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 11, 2004
          GPLAB is missing, too. :)
          http://www.itqb.unl.pt:1111/gplab/
          Sara

          "Juan J. Merelo Guervós" wrote:

          > EO is missing. It just released version 0.9.3a
          >
          > JJ
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Pierre Collet
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 11, 2004
            > Which GP engine do you use most frequently?
            > These are as many as I could think of off the
            > top of my head...

            Hi,

            Would you mind adding EASEA to your list ? It is not a "GP engine"
            per se, since it can also implement many other types of evolutionary
            algorithms, but that's what (at least) my students and I + some other
            users I know of are using for GP (there's also at least one coming
            paper at EUROGP'04 using EASEA as GP engine).

            Although I have not been communicating a lot on EASEA recently (I've
            been perpetually overbooked since many months ago) there's a new
            release version for EO + Graphic Interface that is virtually
            available. The only thing that's missing for an official sourceforge
            release is for me to find time to bundle it up into a nice auto-
            installation shell-script + update the user manual.
            I will mail this current version to anyone who asks.

            Cheers,

            Pierre Collet

            > o LilGP
            > o ECJ
            > o pushGP
            > o GP-Quick
            > o GPdata
            > o GPsys
            > o JGProg
            > o GPC++ .4
            > o GPC++ .5
            > o Your own creation :)
            > o Lisp
            > o Dream
            > o ECKit
            > o Grammatical Evolution
            > o GP Kernel (Vienna Flavor)

            id=11642716

            > web site listed above.
            >
            > Thanks!
          • Michael Samples
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 11, 2004
              My apologies, Sara, it has now been added (along with EO, OpenBEAGLE,
              and a few others I forgot the first time around)

              The problem now is the poll only allows 25 choices ... though 25
              different (and active) GP engines does sound like quite a few to me.

              Thank you, Sara and Juan, and my most sincere apologies to anyone else
              with a developed engine not on the poll list.

              On a side note: if you already voted, the modification to the choice
              list deleted the previous votes, so if you want to have your vote
              counted, you'll need to vote again :(

              Also: if people continue to email me with additional names of popular
              GP engines, I will set up a temporary poll on my website to allow more
              than 25 choices. This has thus far proven most interesting...

              -Michael

              On Wednesday, February 11, 2004, at 03:08 PM, Sara Silva wrote:

              > GPLAB is missing, too. :)
              > http://www.itqb.unl.pt:1111/gplab/
              > Sara
              >

              > "Juan J. Merelo Guervós" wrote:
              > >
              > > EO is missing. It just released version 0.9.3a
              > >
              > > JJ
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              <image.tiff>

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 12, 2004
                genetic_programming group:

                After seeing that at least one GECCO
                competition requires a Windows
                executable I have another question for
                you all:

                Which operating system do you use for GP
                research?

                o Windows
                o Some flavour of Unix
                o Other

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 12, 2004
                  I see that Conor got all his students to vote! ;-) ;-)

                  Sean
                • Pierre Collet
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 12, 2004
                    Hi,

                    Isn't it possible to use both Unix AND Windows ?

                    P.

                    --- In genetic_programming@yahoogroups.com,
                    genetic_programming@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                    > genetic_programming group:
                    >
                    > After seeing that at least one GECCO
                    > competition requires a Windows
                    > executable I have another question for
                    > you all:
                    >
                    > Which operating system do you use for GP
                    > research?
                    >
                    > o Windows
                    > o Some flavour of Unix
                    > o Other

                    id=11644524

                    > web site listed above.
                    >
                    > Thanks!
                  • maccallr
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 13, 2004
                      Yes, of course. And I realised that after I'd started
                      the poll and about 10 votes had already come in. Ooops.
                      I guess the question should now be: which OS do you
                      use predominantly? The true 50/50 people can click 'other' :-)

                      --- In genetic_programming@yahoogroups.com, "Pierre Collet"

                    • conor.ryan@ul.ie
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 13, 2004
                        You don't know what kind of students I have, Sean, most of them voted
                        AGAINST it! :)

                        On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Sean Luke wrote:

                        > I see that Conor got all his students to vote! ;-) ;-)
                        >
                        > Sean
                        >

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • walid ahmed
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 13, 2004
                          dear sirs

                          what is the url for downloading GE?

                          thanks

                          Walid

                          http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
                        • conor.ryan@ul.ie
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 13, 2004
                            Walid,
                            The new version of GE hasn't been released yet, as documentation and
                            such is still being finalised, but a prerelease can be got by sending an
                            e-mail to our group's administrator, Lorraine Morgan,
                            Lorraine.Morgan@....

                            Conor