Re: GP in C++

  • joseph_gerardin
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 21, 2003
      thanx a lott@!!
      trying openbeagle now..
      hope it works as usual!
      -joseph gerard.
      --- In genetic_programming@yahoogroups.com, "Hu,Jianjun"
      <hujianju@m...> wrote:
      > I planned to implement a GP with C++ also before. But it turns out that
      > there already exists an excellent GP C++package
      > Open beagle which is very flexible and well structured. Since then, I
      > did all my job with it.

    • Korneel Duyvesteyn
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 21, 2003
        Hi,

        You should try to use matlab for implementing GP. Matlab is very fast when it comes to calculating fitness,
        and pretty flexible when it comes to defining the function set. (all matlab compatible functions can be used
        without any need of extra programming). I developed a toolbox for analyzing macro-economic data/models and
        found that matlab is pretty fast when using lots of input data. It is slow though when it comes to operations which
        require iterations, but you could use java or c++ for those parts!

        Regards, Korneel.

        hi all,
        trying to implement  GP using C++.
        any opinion on lilgp and other softwares??
        thanx,
        -joseph