Re: GP in C++

  • Hu,Jianjun
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 2003
      I planned to implement a GP with C++ also before. But it turns out that
      there already exists an excellent GP C++package
      Open beagle which is very flexible and well structured. Since then, I
      did all my job with it.

      You can take a look here.

      http://www.gel.ulaval.ca/~beagle/.

      //////////////////////////////////////////
      hi all,
      trying to implement GP using C++.
      any opinion on lilgp and other softwares??
      thanx,
      -joseph

      Jianjun Hu (George)
      Genetic Algorithm Research & Application Group (GARAGe)
      Michigan State University
      hujianju@...
      Phone: 517-355-3796(o)

      From: Joseph Gerard <joseph_gerardin@...>
      2. Re: GP in C++
      From: "Tom Osborn (UTS)" <osborn@...>
      3. Pictures from GECCO 2003
      From: Bill LANGDON <W.Langdon@...>
      4. paper request
      From: Tom Lenaerts <tlenaert@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:41:39 +0100 (BST)
      From: Joseph Gerard <joseph_gerardin@...>
      Subject: GP in C++

      hi all,
      trying to implement GP using C++.
      any opinion on lilgp and other softwares??
      thanx,
      -joseph

      Win TVs, Bikes, DVD players and more!Click onYahoo! India Promos

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 2
      Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:19:14 +1000
      From: "Tom Osborn (UTS)" <osborn@...>
      Subject: Re: GP in C++

      I used gpcpp and gpquick years ago and had no trouble with either.
      Opinions? If you want to run a simple, quick system and delve in the
      code you could play with these. Lilgp will probably serve you better in
      the long term.

      Tom.
      > any opinion on lilgp and other softwares??
      > thanx,
      > -joseph
      >

      > Win TVs, Bikes, DVD players and more!Click onYahoo! India Promos

      Message: 3
      Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:06:40 +0100
      From: Bill LANGDON <W.Langdon@...>
      Subject: Pictures from GECCO 2003

      A small collection of photographs from the recent GECCO conference can
      be found at:

      http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/W.Langdon/gecco2003/index.html

      Bill

      W. B. Langdon, Phone +44 20 7679 4436
      Computer Science, Fax +44 20 7387 1397
      University College, London,
      Gower Street,
      London, WC1E 6BT, UK
      http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/W.Langdon

      Foundations of Genetic Programming

      http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/W.Langdon/FOGP
      EuroGP Portugal April 2004 http://www.evonet.info/eurogp2004/
      GECCO Seattle 26-30 June 2004 http://www.isgec.org/
      GP Bibliography http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~wbl/biblio/

      Message: 4
      Date: 19 Aug 2003 14:51:44 +0200
      From: Tom Lenaerts <tlenaert@...>
      Subject: paper request

      Dear all,

      I'm looking for a specific article by Schaffer (see below). We don't
      have the related proceedings at our lab and they doesn't seem to be
      available online.

      Is there somebody who might be able to send an electronic copy or send
      it by mail?

      kind regards

      Tom

      @InProceedings{Schaffer:1985:MOO,
      author = "J. David Schaffer",
      title = "Multiple objective optimization with vector evaluated
      genetic algorithms",
      booktitle = "Proceedings of the First International Conference on
      Genetic Algorithms and Their Applications",
      editor = "John J. Grefenstette",
      publisher = "Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Publishers",
      year = "1985",
      }

      --
      Tom Lenaerts tlenaert@...
      Artificial Intelligence Lab Dept.of Computer Science

    • joseph_gerardin
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 21, 2003
        thanx a lott@!!
        trying openbeagle now..
        hope it works as usual!
        -joseph gerard.
        --- In genetic_programming@yahoogroups.com, "Hu,Jianjun"
        <hujianju@m...> wrote:
        > I planned to implement a GP with C++ also before. But it turns out that
        > there already exists an excellent GP C++package
        > Open beagle which is very flexible and well structured. Since then, I
        > did all my job with it.

      • Korneel Duyvesteyn
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 21, 2003

          You should try to use matlab for implementing GP. Matlab is very fast when it comes to calculating fitness,
          and pretty flexible when it comes to defining the function set. (all matlab compatible functions can be used
          without any need of extra programming). I developed a toolbox for analyzing macro-economic data/models and
          found that matlab is pretty fast when using lots of input data. It is slow though when it comes to operations which
          require iterations, but you could use java or c++ for those parts!

          Regards, Korneel.