Algorithm to limit tree growth in GP

  • veejess
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2003
      Hi,
      Has anyone ever worked on a project of finding an algorithm to
      limit the tree growth( code bloat) in GP. I am actually working on
      this project and i am programming in java. I f anyone has some ideas
      please let me know
      cheers, Jay.
    • Bill LANGDON
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2003
        You might be interested in Advances in Genetic Programming,
        MIT Press, 1999, Chapter 8.

        Alternatively look in the GP bibliography, eg for bloat.

        Bill

        W. B. Langdon, Phone +44 20 7679 4436
        Computer Science, Fax +44 20 7387 1397
        University College, London,
        Gower Street,
        London, WC1E 6BT, UK
        http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/W.Langdon

        Foundations of Genetic Programming
        http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/W.Langdon/FOGP
        EuroGP Essex 14-16 April 2003 http://evonet.dcs.napier.ac.uk/eurogp2003
        GECCO Chicago 12-16 July 2003 http://www.isgec.org/GECCO-2003/
        GP Bibliography http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~wbl/biblio/

        > Hi,
        > Has anyone ever worked on a project of finding an algorithm to
        > limit the tree growth( code bloat) in GP. I am actually working on
        > this project and i am programming in java. I f anyone has some ideas
        > please let me know
        > cheers, Jay.

      • sudhir
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2003
          Hi

          I am trying to write junit test cases for a class.
          Some of the functions in the class use random numbers
          by calling the function Math.random(). Is there any
          way to verify th method.

          Thank you

          sudhir shakya

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/