GP:Re: [genetic_programming] Which list

  • p.s.coates
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2001
      now that you people have started using this new list my old filter fails to plonk
      gp stuff in my gpstuff mailbox. could you please continue to adopt the convention
      of preceding the subject by GP: ?????

      paul coates

      Maarten Keijzer wrote:

      > Interesting, we seem to have started an evolutionary tug of war to figure out
      > which mailing list to use. As I assume everyone is now subscribed to both
      > mailing lists, the stanford one and the yahoo one (didn't yahoo also start at
      > stanford?), we can now figure out where the list goes by checking which of
      > the lists captures most traffic.
      >
      > As I've been voting for Yahoo, this message goes to the Yahoo list. We do
      > have to figure out which list to use before the two lists go out of sync. My
      > best guess is that we have a month of time.
      >
      > BTW, my little poll elicited up till now two responses about lag and
      > mis-ordered messages. I am thus not the only one experiencing strange
      > problems with the majordomo at stanford.
      >
      > Unfortunately I'm not sure how widespread this is as my question was not the
      > right one to ask on the stanford mailing list. It kind of reduced to the
      > question: "Whoever cannot hear me please answer!".
      >
      > But in any case I've seen I'm not unique in my troubles with the stanford
      > list, hence this message.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > -Maarten-

      Paul S. Coates
      MSc Tutor
      University of East London School of Architecture
      Holbrook rd
      Stratford
      London E15 3EA