6393Re: [GP] Distributed Evolutionary Algorithm in Python (DEAP) Turns 1.0

  • Douglas Mota
    Feb 22, 2014
      Hello, ECers and GPers!

      Congratulations to DEAP folks and thanks a lot for that!

      Please, any news about the following issue? :

      "We are pleased to announce that,  after GECCO 2013, we plan to publish a special issue of the journal Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines, which will showcase the top entries from each competition. The authors of the winners will be asked to write a paper describing their methods and results. The papers will undergo review and be published in the journal (subject to reviewing results). We hope to make this a very special issue, highlighting the accomplishments of EC in challenging problems."
      http://www.geccocompetitions.com/2013/05/05/112/

      Cheers,

      Douglas Mota Dias, DSc
      Postdoctoral Researcher
      ICA: Applied Computational Intelligence Laboratory
      Department of Electrical Engineering
      Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro - PUC-Rio
      Brazil

      Em Sábado, 22 de Fevereiro de 2014 9:36, w langdon <W.Langdon@...> escreveu:

      The latest version of SIGEvolution,
      the newsletter of the ACM, appears to be available:
      http://www.sigevolution.org/ (or GP bibliography;-)

      It contains:
      Evolutionary Game Design by Cameron Browne
      GECCO-2013 competition report
      calls & calendar
      as well as Francois-Michel's article on DEAP

      Bill

      Dr. W. B. Langdon,
      Department of Computer Science,
      University College London
      Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
      http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/W.Langdon/

      GECCO 2014 http://www.sigevo.org/gecco-2014/
      EuroGP 2014 http://www.evostar.org/cfpEuroGP.html
      choose your background
      http://web4.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/W.Langdon/colour_telephone/bgcolor.html
      A Field Guide to Genetic Programming
      http://www.gp-field-guide.org.uk/
      GP EM http://www.springer.com/10710
      GP Bibliography http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~wbl/biblio/
      On 2/20/14, f.derainville <f.derainville@...> wrote:

      > Dear ECers,
      >
      > After more than 4 years of development, we are proud to announce the
      > release of DEAP 1.0.0. You can download a copy of this release at the
      > following web page.
      >
      > https://pypi.python.org/pypi/deap
      >
      > DEAP (Distributed Evolutionary Algorithms in Python) is a novel evolutionary
      > computation framework for rapid prototyping and testing of ideas. Its design
      > departs from most other existing frameworks in that it seeks to make
      > algorithms
      > explicit and data structures transparent, as opposed to the more common
      > black
      > box type of frameworks.
      >
      > To get to know more about DEAP and the current release, we invite you
      > to read the most recent article on DEAP published in SIGEvolution volume 6,
      > issue 2, pp. 17-26.
      >
      > http://sigevolution.org/
      >
      > An IPython notebook version of the article is also available.
      >
      > https://github.com/DEAP/notebooks
      >
      > This release includes:
      > - Major overhaul of statistics computing and logging;
      > - Ability to do Object Oriented Genetic Programming (OOGP);
      > - Symbolic regression benchmarks for GP;
      > - New tutorials and better documentation;
      > - Several new examples from diverse fields;
      > - and several other changes.
      >
      > Every changes of this release are detailed in the documentation.
      >
      > http://deap.gel.ulaval.ca/doc/default/releases.html
      >
      > To help users translate code from 0.9.x to 1.0.0, we have also written
      > a new porting guide that details every change required to use DEAP 1.0.
      >
      > http://deap.gel.ulaval.ca/doc/default/porting.html
      >
      > Your feedback and comments are welcome at http://goo.gl/LZkdi4 or
      > deap-users at googlegroups dot com. You can also follow us on Twitter
      > @deapdev,
      > and on our blog http://deapdev.wordpress.com/.
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > François-Michel De Rainville
      > Félix-Antoine Fortin
      > Marc-André Gardner
      > Christian Gagné
      > Marc Parizeau
      >
      > Laboratoire de vision et systèmes numériques
      > Département de génie électrique et génie informatique
      > Université Laval
      > Quebec City (Quebec), Canada

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic