6353[CFP] ICAPS 2014 - Tutorial Proposals - Second Call
- Dec 31, 2013[apologies for multiple copies]
ICAPS 2014 Tutorial Program: Second Call for Proposals
to be held in Portsmouth, USA - June 21st - 26th, 2014
The Organising Committee for the 24th International Conference on
Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS 2014) invites proposals for
its Tutorial Program. Tutorials offer the attendees first-hand
experience with state-of-the-art trends in research and applications by
leading experts. The tutorials will be held in the two days before the
plenary sessions of the conference, alongside the workshops.
Registration is free for ICAPS participants.
To minimise the workload on tutorial speakers and encourage more
submissions we particularly solicit proposals for short high-quality
tutorials of quarter-day duration (approx 90 minutes); or half-day
tutorials. For half-day tutorials, we encourage the proposers to divide
them into loosely coupled quarter-day tutorials such that one is not the
prerequisite of the other -- maximising the potential audience, given
attendees' other commitments on the day.
Proposals in all areas related to AI planning and scheduling are
welcome. We aim to maintain the eclectic program of pre-conference
events held at ICAPS in recent years, including tutorials that promote
building bridges to other research communities working with similar
technologies (e.g. verification, diagnosis, OR) or on related
application problems (e.g. robotics or security).
== Tutorial Proposals ==
Tutorial Submissions should include:
- The tutorial title
- A summary of the tutorial, i.e. a tutorial abstract
- An outline, e.g. a bulleted list of indicative topics
- Expected length (quarter or half-day) of the tutorial
- A short CV of the proposer(s), including a list of significant
== Submission Procedure ==
Tutorial proposals should be submitted by email, in plain text or in
PDF, to both the Tutorial Chairs with subject ``Tutorial Proposal for
ICAPS-14'' no later than January 15th, 2014. Organisers of independent
tutorials will be notified by email of the acceptance or rejection of
their proposal by February 1st, 2014.
== Summary of Important Dates ==
* Deadline for submission of tutorial proposals: January 15th, 2014
* Notification of (non-workshop) tutorial acceptance: February 1st, 2014.
* Workshop/Tutorial dates: June 21st and 22nd, 2014.
== Tutorial Program Chairs ==
* Andrew Coles (King's College London, UK)
* Sven Koenig (University of Southern California, USA)