Call for Papers:
Special Session on "Evolutionary Computation for Music, Art, and Creativity"
2014 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (WCCI 2014)
6-11 July 2014, Beijing, China
AIM AND SCOPE:
Evolutionary computation (EC) techniques, including genetic algorithm, evolution strategies, genetic programming, particle swarm optimization, ant colony optimization, differential evolution, and memetic algorithms, have shown to be effective for search and optimization problems. Recently, EC gained several promising results and becomes an important tool in computational creativity, such as in music, visual art, literature, architecture, and industrial design.
The aim of this special session is to reflect the most recent advances of EC for Music, Art, and Creativity, with the goal to enhance autonomous creative systems as well as human creativity. This session will allow researchers to share experiences and present their new ways for taking advantage of EC techniques in computational creativity.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, EC technologies in the following aspects:
- Generation of music, visual art, literature, architecture, and industrial design
- Algorithmic design in creative intelligence
- Optimization in creativity
- Development of hardware and software for creative systems
- Evaluation methodologies
- Assistance of human creativity
- Computational aesthetics
- Emotion response
- Human-machine creativity
Paper submission: 20 Dec, 2013
Acceptance notification: 15 Mar, 2014
Final paper submission: 15 Apr, 2014
Early Registration: 15 Apr, 2014
1. Information on the format and templates for papers can be found at http://www.ieee-wcci2014.org/Paper%20Submission.htm
2. Papers should be submitted via the IEEE CEC 2014 paper submission site http://ieee-cis.org/conferences/cec2014/upload.php
3. Select [SS3.EC03: Evolutionary Computation for Music, Art, and Creativity] in the Main Research topic dropdown list
4. Fill out the input fields, upload the PDF file of your paper and finalize your submission by the deadline of December 20, 2013
National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan.
Francisco Fernández de Vega
University of Extremadua, Spain.
University of Gothenburg, Sweden.