3652RE: [GP] expression help

  • Alexandre Devert
    Nov 1, 2005
      GP -> evolution of programs. An easy way to evolve
      programs is to evolve a tree, were the nodes are
      operations like +, -, sin, div. To evolve a program
      you must choose a computing model : trees,
      stack-based, etc... an then you evolve sentences from
      this computing model.

      Good article this place
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_programming

      --- Will Sturgis <cassiniovals@...> a écrit :

      ---------------------------------
      I am new to gp and need some hints on how to evolve
      expressions. I have a fair amount of experience with
      genetic algorithms, but I am having trouble making the
      leap from finding a value and finding an equation.

      I downloaded PerlGP, found PI, and some other
      constants, so I know it works correctly.

      My internet searches have not yielded very much, but
      maybe I am not looking in the right place.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      -Will

      Terms of Service.

      Marmakoide aka Alexandre Devert