3540Re: GP engine for getting started

  • Langdon W B
    Aug 6, 2005
      A quick reminder; the current issue of GP+EM includes pointers to GP systems.

      Bill

      W. B. Langdon and S. Gustafson,
      "Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines: Five Years of Reviews",
      Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines, June 2005, pp. 221-228.
      http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=104755
      DOI: 10.1007/s10710-005-6165-9
      ftp://cs.ucl.ac.uk/genetic/papers/gppubs5.pdf

      > Not to toot my own horn, but you might want to check out my project
      > here: http://gpe.sourceforge.net/ And I would be happy to answer any
      > of your questions as you get started using it (assuming it fits your
      > needs :).
      >
      > And good luck with ECJ, too. I've heard it's a pretty solid program.
      >
      > ~ Paul
      >

      > --- In genetic_programming@yahoogroups.com, Yun Wang <ywang80@g...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hello, I am looking for an easy GP engine to get started with. I've
      > > tried a few different engines, but have yet been successful at
      > > getting them up and running. Any help would be appreciated.
      > >
      > > One of the engines I've tried is the ECJ engine and I seem to be
      > > having some issues with the make file in that it's not finding the
      > > ec and ec.util packages (several other packages as well) in
      > > SOURCEPATH. I haven't found any information on what I need to set
      > > for that variable. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please
      > > drop me a line.
      > >
      > > Found 1 semantic error compiling "simple/SimpleBreeder.java":
      > >
      > > 9. import ec.util.*;
      > > ^-----^
      > > *** Semantic Error: You need to modify your classpath, sourcepath,
      > > bootclasspath, and/or extdirs setup. Jikes could not find package
      > > "ec.util" in:
      > > /home/xarien/jdk1.5.0_04/lib/dt.jar
      > > /home/xarien/jdk1.5.0_04/jre/lib/javaws.jar
      > > /home/xarien/jdk1.5.0_04/jre/lib/rt.jar
      > > .
      > > /home/xarien/ecj/ec
      > > /home/xarien/ecj/ec/