33Re: [genetic_programming] Beowulf Clusters

  • Martin C. Martin
    Oct 1, 2001
      Our plan is to have one computer hold the population, and farm out
      evaluations to all computers. So, the faster computers will simply get
      a higher percentage of the population to evaluate. This has a lot of
      nice properties, including that we can repeat runs by simply using the
      same seed, assuming evaluation is deterministic.

      I think the "only exchange info if within 10 generations" thing is
      particularly dangerous; in one run, populations may be completely
      separate from almost the start, whereas in another, they'll be sharing
      info most of the way through. That's a very strange dynamic.

      - Martin