32Beowulf Clusters

  • Mattias Fagerlund
    Oct 1 11:23 AM

      I've been having a bit of a headache with my beowulf cluster code - we
      currently have several machines of different speeds, so while one machine
      might perform 5 generations, another might only perform 3 generations.

      Would you generally let the fast machine and the slower machine exchange
      genetic material? And if one machine restarted it's evolution, started
      from zero, if it still allowed others to supply genetic material, it'd be
      like it never restarted within only a handful of generations.

      I'm thinking, if they're within 10 generations of each other, I'll allow
      the exchange, but that's such a neat solution. Another solution might be
      to make the population on the faster machine larger, and on the slower
      machine make it smaller, so that they keep about the same pace...

      Any ideas?

      mattias fagerlund
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic