      From: Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: 7/4/2012 9:35 am
      To: Generation-Mixed@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Generation-Mixed] Re: FW: [COMMENTARY] The Myth of Native American Blood

      Well, I'd say Ms. Tallbear's viewpoint is way out of line- especially the part about needing to be 'recognized by the community.' There can be numerous reasons a person cannot be accepted into the Cherokee Nation, even if said person does have valid claim to the ancestry. Speaking from my situation, my great-grandfather did not sign up for the rolls although he had the legal right to do so; and while his "personal choice" backfired on some of his descendants, that does not make his descendants "less Cherokee." Ms. Tallbear's POV could cover any race or ethnicity- the idea that a person must belong to some particular group is nonsense.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic