Re: Ora Aline PEAKS BOAZ

  • Tom Knox
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
      Jordan -

      I couldn't find a marriage date, but this info should be useful -

      Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
      Name: Dorothy Jane Boaz
      Date of Birth: 11 Dec 1938
      Gender: Female
      Birth County: Cooke
      Father's name: Lloyd R Boaz
      Mother's name: Ora A Peahs (Peaks)
      Roll Number: 1938_0001
      ----------
      Name: Charles Raymond Boaz
      Date of Birth: 1 Nov 1940
      Gender: Male
      Birth County: Grayson
      Father's name: Lloyd R Boaz
      Mother's name: Olive Peaks (??)
      Roll Number: 1940_0001
      ----------
      Name: William Dewitt Boaz
      Date of Birth: 11 Jul 1943
      Gender: Male
      Birth County: Harris
      Father's name: Lloyd Raymond Boaz
      Mother's name: Ora Aline Peaks
      Roll Number: 1943_0001

      Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
      Name: William D. Boaz (I presume that this is the newborn)
      Death Date: 12 Jul 1943
      Death County: Harris
      Certificate: 32768
      ----------
      Name: Mrs. Aline Boaz
      Death Date: 13 Jul 1943
      Death County: Harris
      Certificate: 32767

      It looks like Lloyd R Boaz later re-married -
      to "Bertha Jewell Roberson" -
      with several more children born.

      SSDI - Social Security Death Index
      Name: Lloyd Boaz
      SSN: 458-05-4885 issued: Texas (Before 1951)
      Last Residence: 76240 Gainesville, Cooke, Texas
      Born: 17 Aug 1913 Died: Nov 1985

      Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
      Name: Lloyd Boaz
      Death Date: 12 Nov 1985
      Death County: Dallas

      This looks like a good possibility for Lloyd Boaz -
      1920 Justice Precinct 7, Cooke, Texas
      Boaz, William D/40?/farmer, Lucy J/37, Elsie L/15, Adron T/11,
      (), Ernest B/8, Lloyd R/6, Bertha L/3+11m, Minnie E/1+3m
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
      htx=View&r=an&dbid=6061&iid=TXT625_1790-0497

      1930 Precinct 7, Cooke, Texas
      Boaz, Dudley W/51, Lucy/47, William H/23, Adrian T/21,
      (), Ernest B/19, Loyd R/17, Bertha L/14, Linnie E/11, Lois V/6+11m
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
      htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=TXT626_2312-0480

      World War I Draft Registration Card, 1917-1918
      Name: William Dudley Boaz (Cooke County, Texas)
      Birth Date: 15 Feb 1879
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6482&iid=TX-
      1952491-2902

      Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
      Name: William Dudley Boaz
      Death Date: 13 Nov 1953
      Death County: Cooke
      Certificate: 60302

      On a hunch, I'm looking at Cooke County 1930 surname PEAK* -
      hmmm - could "Ora Aline Peaks (Boaz)" possibly have been born
      later than 1917? Say, something like 1923?

      1930 Gainesville, Cooke, Texas
      Peaks, James R, head 68 widowed born Texas married at age 21
      Adams, Lucille/19/daughter, Edward/35/SonInLaw, Daniel/8m/grandson
      Peaks, Beulah/9/daughter, Ora?/7/daughter, Bruce/5/son
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
      htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=TXT626_2312-0107
      NOTE: "Ora?" is indexed as AVA but looks like ORA.

      Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
      Date of Birth: 26 Jan 1925
      Birth County: Cooke
      Father's name: James R Peaks
      Certificate Number: 1591
      Roll Number: 1925_0013
      ----------
      Date of Birth: 30 Jul 1920
      Birth County: Cooke
      Father's name: J R Peaks
      Certificate Number: 34647
      Roll Number: 1920_0011
      ----------
      (Drat! Not all of the PEAKS children are recorded.)

      Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
      Name: James Robert Peaks
      Death Date: 30 Aug 1939
      Death County: Cooke
      Certificate: 36786

      - Tom Knox IBSSG

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "jordan"
      <army_wife1006@...> wrote:

      > Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother died during
      > childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline Peaks Boaz (I am not
      > sure they know this for sure.) She was born around 1917. I can
      find no information on her at all. I know that my husband's
      grandmother was very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no
      one ever talked about her mother and she only heard the name maybe
      three or four times her whole life. I would love any suggestions
      anyone has for me. Ora married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the
      1930's or early 1940's.

    • Mary Jones
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
        Jordan...There is a death in the Texas Death Index for Mrs. Aline
        Boaz. Death was July 13, 1943 in Harris County. Certificate number is
        32767. Will send you more as I find it or you can just write me at
        tassell_canterbury at yahoo.com. I'm Mary.
      • Mary Jones
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
          The following is from the census records, all Justice Precinct 7,
          Cooke County, Texas. The differences in each comes from the written
          record. By comparing years and looking at ages you can narrow down
          birth times.

          1910 Taken April 26.
          William D 30 Tx Tx Ga Day Labour - Odd Jobs
          Lucy 25 Ok USA USA
          Elcy 5 Ok Tx Ok
          William 4 " " "
          Adrian 2 " " "
          This record identifies that this is a first marriage for Wm and Lucy
          and they have been married five years. They live in a rented house.

          1920 Taken January 26.
          William D 40 Tx Tn Ga Farmer
          Lucy J 37 Ky Ky Ky
          Elsie G 15 Ky Ky Ky
          William H 13 Ky Ky Ky
          Adron T 11 Ok Tx Ky
          Ernest B 8 Ok Tx Ky
          Llood R 6 Ok Tx Ky
          Bertha L 3.11/12 Ok Tx Ky
          Minnie E 1.3/12 Ok Tx Ky

          1930 Taken April 1
          Dudley W 51 (23) Tx Tx Tx Farm Labour
          Lucy 47 (21) Ky Ky Tn
          William H 23 Tx Tx Ky Farm General (cannot read next word)
          Adrian T 21 Ok Tx Ky Labour Truck Driver
          Ernest B 19 Tx Tx Ky
          Loyd R 17 Tx Tx Ky
          Bertha L 14 Tx Tx Ky
          Linnie E 11 Tx Tx Ky
          Lois V 6.11/12 Tx Tx Ky
          They live at a rented farm and own a radio. Also, record indicates no
          one has been in the service.

          If the age is written out as follows - 8.5/12 it means 8 years and 5
          months.
        • Mary Jones
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
            World War 1 Draft Registration Cards:
            1917-1918 Cooke County, Texas
            William Dudley Boaz
            RFD # 2, Whiteboro (?)
            Age: 39 BD: 15 Feb 1879
            Roll: 1952 491

            Social Security Death Index
            Lloyd Boaz
            SS#: 458-05-4885 Texas issued(pre-1951)
            Last residence: Gainesville
            Born: 17 Aug 1913
            Died: Nov 1985

            Texas Death Index 1903-2000 Cooke County Certificate:
            Ernest Bee DOD: 5 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 1021
            Lucy Jane DOD: 21 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 6252
            Adrian T DOD: 28 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 6256
            William Dudley DOD: 13 Nov 1953 Cooke County Certificate: 60302

            I also found five birth records but since some people may be alive I
            will send them on when I hear from you.