Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Next of kin? Please help!

  • Susan Ball
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
      Another question. You wrote Harold S. Howard JUNIOR but you also wrote his
      father's name was Harold J. Is this correct (different initials) or was
      there a mistake?

      Susan

      On 1/3/07, ok3co <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > Harold S. Howard, Jr. died 12.30.06 in Columbus, OH, a Veteran, but has
      > not been in contact with his children in several years, has not listed
      > next of kin. I'm a family friend, + it's sad that no one has done
      > anything for him. They won't let me because I'm not related to him. I
      > think he has a son + maybe a daughter, possibly in California. I think
      > his wife's name was Sylvia Benson, + his parents were Harald J. +
      > Sylvia (McRae) Howard. He was born on 11.21.32. He has old photos of
      > family, his mother's Bible, etc., things his children will probably
      > someday regret losing if we cannot find someone to claim him soon. He
      > was relying on his girlfriend to take care of all of this, but she died
      > shortly after he did. If anyone can help me find his family, I would
      > really appreciate it!
      > Thank you! ~Diana O'Ryan

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • ok3co
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
        He was in WW2 I believe, Army?, but I don't have the pics or
        anything. I think they were in the Columbus area, not much else that
        I know or can think of now. Thanks!

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Ball"
        <genealogy.researcher@...> wrote:

        > Wow, how very sad. Is there no information about the children on
        any of his
        > photographs or paperwork? Any idea where he and Sylvia were
        married or
        > where the children were born? Harold was a Veteren of which war?
        >
        > Susan
        >

        > On 1/3/07, ok3co <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > >
        > > Harold S. Howard, Jr. died 12.30.06 in Columbus, OH, a Veteran,
        but has
        > > not been in contact with his children in several years, has not
        listed
        > > next of kin. I'm a family friend, + it's sad that no one has done
        > > anything for him. They won't let me because I'm not related to
        him. I
        > > think he has a son + maybe a daughter, possibly in California. I
        think
        > > his wife's name was Sylvia Benson, + his parents were Harald J. +
        > > Sylvia (McRae) Howard. He was born on 11.21.32. He has old photos
        of
        > > family, his mother's Bible, etc., things his children will
        probably
        > > someday regret losing if we cannot find someone to claim him
        soon. He
        > > was relying on his girlfriend to take care of all of this, but
        she died
        > > shortly after he did. If anyone can help me find his family, I
        would
        > > really appreciate it!
        > > Thank you! ~Diana O'Ryan

      • Susan Ball