Re: [Genealogy Research Club] help me please

  • Susan Ball
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
      Do you know where your husband's grandmother was born? Or her siblings? Do
      you know where Ora and Llyod were married?

      Susan

      On 1/2/07, jordan <army_wife1006@...> wrote:

      > Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother died during
      > childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline Peaks Boaz (I am not
      > sure they know this for sure.) She was born around 1917. I can find
      > no information on her at all. I know that my husband's grandmother was
      > very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no one ever talked
      > about her mother and she only heard the name maybe three or four times
      > her whole life. I would love any suggestions anyone has for me. Ora
      > married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the 1930's or early 1940's.

    • Tom Knox
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
        Jordan -

        I couldn't find a marriage date, but this info should be useful -

        Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
        Name: Dorothy Jane Boaz
        Date of Birth: 11 Dec 1938
        Gender: Female
        Birth County: Cooke
        Father's name: Lloyd R Boaz
        Mother's name: Ora A Peahs (Peaks)
        Roll Number: 1938_0001
        ----------
        Name: Charles Raymond Boaz
        Date of Birth: 1 Nov 1940
        Gender: Male
        Birth County: Grayson
        Father's name: Lloyd R Boaz
        Mother's name: Olive Peaks (??)
        Roll Number: 1940_0001
        ----------
        Name: William Dewitt Boaz
        Date of Birth: 11 Jul 1943
        Gender: Male
        Birth County: Harris
        Father's name: Lloyd Raymond Boaz
        Mother's name: Ora Aline Peaks
        Roll Number: 1943_0001

        Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
        Name: William D. Boaz (I presume that this is the newborn)
        Death Date: 12 Jul 1943
        Death County: Harris
        Certificate: 32768
        ----------
        Name: Mrs. Aline Boaz
        Death Date: 13 Jul 1943
        Death County: Harris
        Certificate: 32767

        It looks like Lloyd R Boaz later re-married -
        to "Bertha Jewell Roberson" -
        with several more children born.

        SSDI - Social Security Death Index
        Name: Lloyd Boaz
        SSN: 458-05-4885 issued: Texas (Before 1951)
        Last Residence: 76240 Gainesville, Cooke, Texas
        Born: 17 Aug 1913 Died: Nov 1985

        Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
        Name: Lloyd Boaz
        Death Date: 12 Nov 1985
        Death County: Dallas

        This looks like a good possibility for Lloyd Boaz -
        1920 Justice Precinct 7, Cooke, Texas
        Boaz, William D/40?/farmer, Lucy J/37, Elsie L/15, Adron T/11,
        (), Ernest B/8, Lloyd R/6, Bertha L/3+11m, Minnie E/1+3m
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=6061&iid=TXT625_1790-0497

        1930 Precinct 7, Cooke, Texas
        Boaz, Dudley W/51, Lucy/47, William H/23, Adrian T/21,
        (), Ernest B/19, Loyd R/17, Bertha L/14, Linnie E/11, Lois V/6+11m
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=TXT626_2312-0480

        World War I Draft Registration Card, 1917-1918
        Name: William Dudley Boaz (Cooke County, Texas)
        Birth Date: 15 Feb 1879
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6482&iid=TX-
        1952491-2902

        Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
        Name: William Dudley Boaz
        Death Date: 13 Nov 1953
        Death County: Cooke
        Certificate: 60302

        On a hunch, I'm looking at Cooke County 1930 surname PEAK* -
        hmmm - could "Ora Aline Peaks (Boaz)" possibly have been born
        later than 1917? Say, something like 1923?

        1930 Gainesville, Cooke, Texas
        Peaks, James R, head 68 widowed born Texas married at age 21
        Adams, Lucille/19/daughter, Edward/35/SonInLaw, Daniel/8m/grandson
        Peaks, Beulah/9/daughter, Ora?/7/daughter, Bruce/5/son
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=TXT626_2312-0107
        NOTE: "Ora?" is indexed as AVA but looks like ORA.

        Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
        Date of Birth: 26 Jan 1925
        Birth County: Cooke
        Father's name: James R Peaks
        Certificate Number: 1591
        Roll Number: 1925_0013
        ----------
        Date of Birth: 30 Jul 1920
        Birth County: Cooke
        Father's name: J R Peaks
        Certificate Number: 34647
        Roll Number: 1920_0011
        ----------
        (Drat! Not all of the PEAKS children are recorded.)

        Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
        Name: James Robert Peaks
        Death Date: 30 Aug 1939
        Death County: Cooke
        Certificate: 36786

        - Tom Knox IBSSG

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "jordan"
        <army_wife1006@...> wrote:

        > Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother died during
        > childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline Peaks Boaz (I am not
        > sure they know this for sure.) She was born around 1917. I can
        find no information on her at all. I know that my husband's
        grandmother was very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no
        one ever talked about her mother and she only heard the name maybe
        three or four times her whole life. I would love any suggestions
        anyone has for me. Ora married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the
        1930's or early 1940's.

      • Mary Jones
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
          Jordan...There is a death in the Texas Death Index for Mrs. Aline
          Boaz. Death was July 13, 1943 in Harris County. Certificate number is
          32767. Will send you more as I find it or you can just write me at
          tassell_canterbury at yahoo.com. I'm Mary.
        • Mary Jones
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
            The following is from the census records, all Justice Precinct 7,
            Cooke County, Texas. The differences in each comes from the written
            record. By comparing years and looking at ages you can narrow down
            birth times.

            1910 Taken April 26.
            William D 30 Tx Tx Ga Day Labour - Odd Jobs
            Lucy 25 Ok USA USA
            Elcy 5 Ok Tx Ok
            William 4 " " "
            Adrian 2 " " "
            This record identifies that this is a first marriage for Wm and Lucy
            and they have been married five years. They live in a rented house.

            1920 Taken January 26.
            William D 40 Tx Tn Ga Farmer
            Lucy J 37 Ky Ky Ky
            Elsie G 15 Ky Ky Ky
            William H 13 Ky Ky Ky
            Adron T 11 Ok Tx Ky
            Ernest B 8 Ok Tx Ky
            Llood R 6 Ok Tx Ky
            Bertha L 3.11/12 Ok Tx Ky
            Minnie E 1.3/12 Ok Tx Ky

            1930 Taken April 1
            Dudley W 51 (23) Tx Tx Tx Farm Labour
            Lucy 47 (21) Ky Ky Tn
            William H 23 Tx Tx Ky Farm General (cannot read next word)
            Adrian T 21 Ok Tx Ky Labour Truck Driver
            Ernest B 19 Tx Tx Ky
            Loyd R 17 Tx Tx Ky
            Bertha L 14 Tx Tx Ky
            Linnie E 11 Tx Tx Ky
            Lois V 6.11/12 Tx Tx Ky
            They live at a rented farm and own a radio. Also, record indicates no
            one has been in the service.

            If the age is written out as follows - 8.5/12 it means 8 years and 5
            months.
          • Mary Jones
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
              World War 1 Draft Registration Cards:
              1917-1918 Cooke County, Texas
              William Dudley Boaz
              RFD # 2, Whiteboro (?)
              Age: 39 BD: 15 Feb 1879
              Roll: 1952 491

              Social Security Death Index
              Lloyd Boaz
              SS#: 458-05-4885 Texas issued(pre-1951)
              Last residence: Gainesville
              Born: 17 Aug 1913
              Died: Nov 1985

              Texas Death Index 1903-2000 Cooke County Certificate:
              Ernest Bee DOD: 5 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 1021
              Lucy Jane DOD: 21 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 6252
              Adrian T DOD: 28 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 6256
              William Dudley DOD: 13 Nov 1953 Cooke County Certificate: 60302

              I also found five birth records but since some people may be alive I
              will send them on when I hear from you.