Next of kin? Please help!

  • ok3co
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3 9:37 AM
      Harold S. Howard, Jr. died 12.30.06 in Columbus, OH, a Veteran, but has
      not been in contact with his children in several years, has not listed
      next of kin. I'm a family friend, + it's sad that no one has done
      anything for him. They won't let me because I'm not related to him. I
      think he has a son + maybe a daughter, possibly in California. I think
      his wife's name was Sylvia Benson, + his parents were Harald J. +
      Sylvia (McRae) Howard. He was born on 11.21.32. He has old photos of
      family, his mother's Bible, etc., things his children will probably
      someday regret losing if we cannot find someone to claim him soon. He
      was relying on his girlfriend to take care of all of this, but she died
      shortly after he did. If anyone can help me find his family, I would
      really appreciate it!
      Thank you! ~Diana O'Ryan
    • Susan Ball
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3 11:41 AM
        Wow, how very sad. Is there no information about the children on any of his
        photographs or paperwork? Any idea where he and Sylvia were married or
        where the children were born? Harold was a Veteren of which war?

        Susan

        On 1/3/07, ok3co <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > Harold S. Howard, Jr. died 12.30.06 in Columbus, OH, a Veteran, but has
        > not been in contact with his children in several years, has not listed
        > next of kin. I'm a family friend, + it's sad that no one has done
        > anything for him. They won't let me because I'm not related to him. I
        > think he has a son + maybe a daughter, possibly in California. I think
        > his wife's name was Sylvia Benson, + his parents were Harald J. +
        > Sylvia (McRae) Howard. He was born on 11.21.32. He has old photos of
        > family, his mother's Bible, etc., things his children will probably
        > someday regret losing if we cannot find someone to claim him soon. He
        > was relying on his girlfriend to take care of all of this, but she died
        > shortly after he did. If anyone can help me find his family, I would
        > really appreciate it!
        > Thank you! ~Diana O'Ryan

      • Susan Ball
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4 1:30 AM
          Another question. You wrote Harold S. Howard JUNIOR but you also wrote his
          father's name was Harold J. Is this correct (different initials) or was
          there a mistake?

          Susan

          On 1/3/07, ok3co <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          > Harold S. Howard, Jr. died 12.30.06 in Columbus, OH, a Veteran, but has
          > not been in contact with his children in several years, has not listed
          > next of kin. I'm a family friend, + it's sad that no one has done
          > anything for him. They won't let me because I'm not related to him. I
          > think he has a son + maybe a daughter, possibly in California. I think
          > his wife's name was Sylvia Benson, + his parents were Harald J. +
          > Sylvia (McRae) Howard. He was born on 11.21.32. He has old photos of
          > family, his mother's Bible, etc., things his children will probably
          > someday regret losing if we cannot find someone to claim him soon. He
          > was relying on his girlfriend to take care of all of this, but she died
          > shortly after he did. If anyone can help me find his family, I would
          > really appreciate it!
          > Thank you! ~Diana O'Ryan

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • ok3co
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4 6:01 AM
            He was in WW2 I believe, Army?, but I don't have the pics or
            anything. I think they were in the Columbus area, not much else that
            I know or can think of now. Thanks!

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Ball"
            <genealogy.researcher@...> wrote:

            > Wow, how very sad. Is there no information about the children on
            any of his
            > photographs or paperwork? Any idea where he and Sylvia were
            married or
            > where the children were born? Harold was a Veteren of which war?
            >
            > Susan
            >

            > On 1/3/07, ok3co <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            > >
            > > Harold S. Howard, Jr. died 12.30.06 in Columbus, OH, a Veteran,
            but has
            > > not been in contact with his children in several years, has not
            listed
            > > next of kin. I'm a family friend, + it's sad that no one has done
            > > anything for him. They won't let me because I'm not related to
            him. I
            > > think he has a son + maybe a daughter, possibly in California. I
            think
            > > his wife's name was Sylvia Benson, + his parents were Harald J. +
            > > Sylvia (McRae) Howard. He was born on 11.21.32. He has old photos
            of
            > > family, his mother's Bible, etc., things his children will
            probably
            > > someday regret losing if we cannot find someone to claim him
            soon. He
            > > was relying on his girlfriend to take care of all of this, but
            she died
            > > shortly after he did. If anyone can help me find his family, I
            would
            > > really appreciate it!
            > > Thank you! ~Diana O'Ryan

          • Susan Ball