Re: [Genealogy Research Club] help me please

  • linda buss
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
      have you tried to get a copy of your husbands
      grandmothers birth cerificate sometimes they should
      have the mother and fathers name listed, sometimes you
      can get the maiden name off the certificates, it can
      be difficult to read them sometimes the doctors
      handwriting leaves alot to be desired, it is worth a
      shot anyway

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
        Do you know where your husband's grandmother was born? Or her siblings? Do
        you know where Ora and Llyod were married?

        Susan

        On 1/2/07, jordan <army_wife1006@...> wrote:

        > Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother died during
        > childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline Peaks Boaz (I am not
        > sure they know this for sure.) She was born around 1917. I can find
        > no information on her at all. I know that my husband's grandmother was
        > very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no one ever talked
        > about her mother and she only heard the name maybe three or four times
        > her whole life. I would love any suggestions anyone has for me. Ora
        > married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the 1930's or early 1940's.

      • Tom Knox
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
          Jordan -

          I couldn't find a marriage date, but this info should be useful -

          Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
          Name: Dorothy Jane Boaz
          Date of Birth: 11 Dec 1938
          Gender: Female
          Birth County: Cooke
          Father's name: Lloyd R Boaz
          Mother's name: Ora A Peahs (Peaks)
          Roll Number: 1938_0001
          ----------
          Name: Charles Raymond Boaz
          Date of Birth: 1 Nov 1940
          Gender: Male
          Birth County: Grayson
          Father's name: Lloyd R Boaz
          Mother's name: Olive Peaks (??)
          Roll Number: 1940_0001
          ----------
          Name: William Dewitt Boaz
          Date of Birth: 11 Jul 1943
          Gender: Male
          Birth County: Harris
          Father's name: Lloyd Raymond Boaz
          Mother's name: Ora Aline Peaks
          Roll Number: 1943_0001

          Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
          Name: William D. Boaz (I presume that this is the newborn)
          Death Date: 12 Jul 1943
          Death County: Harris
          Certificate: 32768
          ----------
          Name: Mrs. Aline Boaz
          Death Date: 13 Jul 1943
          Death County: Harris
          Certificate: 32767

          It looks like Lloyd R Boaz later re-married -
          to "Bertha Jewell Roberson" -
          with several more children born.

          SSDI - Social Security Death Index
          Name: Lloyd Boaz
          SSN: 458-05-4885 issued: Texas (Before 1951)
          Last Residence: 76240 Gainesville, Cooke, Texas
          Born: 17 Aug 1913 Died: Nov 1985

          Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
          Name: Lloyd Boaz
          Death Date: 12 Nov 1985
          Death County: Dallas

          This looks like a good possibility for Lloyd Boaz -
          1920 Justice Precinct 7, Cooke, Texas
          Boaz, William D/40?/farmer, Lucy J/37, Elsie L/15, Adron T/11,
          (), Ernest B/8, Lloyd R/6, Bertha L/3+11m, Minnie E/1+3m
          http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
          htx=View&r=an&dbid=6061&iid=TXT625_1790-0497

          1930 Precinct 7, Cooke, Texas
          Boaz, Dudley W/51, Lucy/47, William H/23, Adrian T/21,
          (), Ernest B/19, Loyd R/17, Bertha L/14, Linnie E/11, Lois V/6+11m
          http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
          htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=TXT626_2312-0480

          World War I Draft Registration Card, 1917-1918
          Name: William Dudley Boaz (Cooke County, Texas)
          Birth Date: 15 Feb 1879
          http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6482&iid=TX-
          1952491-2902

          Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
          Name: William Dudley Boaz
          Death Date: 13 Nov 1953
          Death County: Cooke
          Certificate: 60302

          On a hunch, I'm looking at Cooke County 1930 surname PEAK* -
          hmmm - could "Ora Aline Peaks (Boaz)" possibly have been born
          later than 1917? Say, something like 1923?

          1930 Gainesville, Cooke, Texas
          Peaks, James R, head 68 widowed born Texas married at age 21
          Adams, Lucille/19/daughter, Edward/35/SonInLaw, Daniel/8m/grandson
          Peaks, Beulah/9/daughter, Ora?/7/daughter, Bruce/5/son
          http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
          htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=TXT626_2312-0107
          NOTE: "Ora?" is indexed as AVA but looks like ORA.

          Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
          Date of Birth: 26 Jan 1925
          Birth County: Cooke
          Father's name: James R Peaks
          Certificate Number: 1591
          Roll Number: 1925_0013
          ----------
          Date of Birth: 30 Jul 1920
          Birth County: Cooke
          Father's name: J R Peaks
          Certificate Number: 34647
          Roll Number: 1920_0011
          ----------
          (Drat! Not all of the PEAKS children are recorded.)

          Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
          Name: James Robert Peaks
          Death Date: 30 Aug 1939
          Death County: Cooke
          Certificate: 36786

          - Tom Knox IBSSG

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "jordan"
          <army_wife1006@...> wrote:

          > Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother died during
          > childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline Peaks Boaz (I am not
          > sure they know this for sure.) She was born around 1917. I can
          find no information on her at all. I know that my husband's
          grandmother was very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no
          one ever talked about her mother and she only heard the name maybe
          three or four times her whole life. I would love any suggestions
          anyone has for me. Ora married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the
          1930's or early 1940's.

        • Mary Jones
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
            Jordan...There is a death in the Texas Death Index for Mrs. Aline
            Boaz. Death was July 13, 1943 in Harris County. Certificate number is
            32767. Will send you more as I find it or you can just write me at
            tassell_canterbury at yahoo.com. I'm Mary.
          • Mary Jones
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
              The following is from the census records, all Justice Precinct 7,
              Cooke County, Texas. The differences in each comes from the written
              record. By comparing years and looking at ages you can narrow down
              birth times.

              1910 Taken April 26.
              William D 30 Tx Tx Ga Day Labour - Odd Jobs
              Lucy 25 Ok USA USA
              Elcy 5 Ok Tx Ok
              William 4 " " "
              Adrian 2 " " "
              This record identifies that this is a first marriage for Wm and Lucy
              and they have been married five years. They live in a rented house.

              1920 Taken January 26.
              William D 40 Tx Tn Ga Farmer
              Lucy J 37 Ky Ky Ky
              Elsie G 15 Ky Ky Ky
              William H 13 Ky Ky Ky
              Adron T 11 Ok Tx Ky
              Ernest B 8 Ok Tx Ky
              Llood R 6 Ok Tx Ky
              Bertha L 3.11/12 Ok Tx Ky
              Minnie E 1.3/12 Ok Tx Ky

              1930 Taken April 1
              Dudley W 51 (23) Tx Tx Tx Farm Labour
              Lucy 47 (21) Ky Ky Tn
              William H 23 Tx Tx Ky Farm General (cannot read next word)
              Adrian T 21 Ok Tx Ky Labour Truck Driver
              Ernest B 19 Tx Tx Ky
              Loyd R 17 Tx Tx Ky
              Bertha L 14 Tx Tx Ky
              Linnie E 11 Tx Tx Ky
              Lois V 6.11/12 Tx Tx Ky
              They live at a rented farm and own a radio. Also, record indicates no
              one has been in the service.

              If the age is written out as follows - 8.5/12 it means 8 years and 5
              months.
            • Mary Jones
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
                World War 1 Draft Registration Cards:
                1917-1918 Cooke County, Texas
                William Dudley Boaz
                RFD # 2, Whiteboro (?)
                Age: 39 BD: 15 Feb 1879
                Roll: 1952 491

                Social Security Death Index
                Lloyd Boaz
                SS#: 458-05-4885 Texas issued(pre-1951)
                Last residence: Gainesville
                Born: 17 Aug 1913
                Died: Nov 1985

                Texas Death Index 1903-2000 Cooke County Certificate:
                Ernest Bee DOD: 5 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 1021
                Lucy Jane DOD: 21 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 6252
                Adrian T DOD: 28 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 6256
                William Dudley DOD: 13 Nov 1953 Cooke County Certificate: 60302

                I also found five birth records but since some people may be alive I
                will send them on when I hear from you.