Re: [Genealogy Research Club] help me please

  • linda buss
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
      have you tried to get a copy of your husbands
      grandmothers birth cerificate sometimes they should
      have the mother and fathers name listed, sometimes you
      can get the maiden name off the certificates, it can
      be difficult to read them sometimes the doctors
      handwriting leaves alot to be desired, it is worth a
      shot anyway
      --- jordan <army_wife1006@...> wrote:

      > Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother
      > died during
      > childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline
      > Peaks Boaz (I am not
      > sure they know this for sure.) She was born around
      > 1917. I can find
      > no information on her at all. I know that my
      > husband's grandmother was
      > very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no
      > one ever talked
      > about her mother and she only heard the name maybe
      > three or four times
      > her whole life. I would love any suggestions anyone
      > has for me. Ora
      > married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the 1930's or
      > early 1940's.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • jean
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "jordan"
        <army_wife1006@...> wrote:

        > Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother died during
        > childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline Peaks Boaz (I am not
        > sure they know this for sure.) She was born around 1917. I can find
        > no information on her at all. I know that my husband's grandmother
        was
        > very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no one ever talked
        > about her mother and she only heard the name maybe three or four
        times
        > her whole life. I would love any suggestions anyone has for me. Ora
        > married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the 1930's or early 1940's.

        jordan look in the 1920 and 1930 census under ora ailene peaks. or o.
        peaks or ora a.peaks. that should give you something to start with.
      • Susan Ball
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
          Do you know where your husband's grandmother was born? Or her siblings? Do
          you know where Ora and Llyod were married?

          Susan

          On 1/2/07, jordan <army_wife1006@...> wrote:

          > Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother died during
          > childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline Peaks Boaz (I am not
          > sure they know this for sure.) She was born around 1917. I can find
          > no information on her at all. I know that my husband's grandmother was
          > very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no one ever talked
          > about her mother and she only heard the name maybe three or four times
          > her whole life. I would love any suggestions anyone has for me. Ora
          > married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the 1930's or early 1940's.

        • Tom Knox
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
            Jordan -

            I couldn't find a marriage date, but this info should be useful -

            Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
            Name: Dorothy Jane Boaz
            Date of Birth: 11 Dec 1938
            Gender: Female
            Birth County: Cooke
            Father's name: Lloyd R Boaz
            Mother's name: Ora A Peahs (Peaks)
            Roll Number: 1938_0001
            ----------
            Name: Charles Raymond Boaz
            Date of Birth: 1 Nov 1940
            Gender: Male
            Birth County: Grayson
            Father's name: Lloyd R Boaz
            Mother's name: Olive Peaks (??)
            Roll Number: 1940_0001
            ----------
            Name: William Dewitt Boaz
            Date of Birth: 11 Jul 1943
            Gender: Male
            Birth County: Harris
            Father's name: Lloyd Raymond Boaz
            Mother's name: Ora Aline Peaks
            Roll Number: 1943_0001

            Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
            Name: William D. Boaz (I presume that this is the newborn)
            Death Date: 12 Jul 1943
            Death County: Harris
            Certificate: 32768
            ----------
            Name: Mrs. Aline Boaz
            Death Date: 13 Jul 1943
            Death County: Harris
            Certificate: 32767

            It looks like Lloyd R Boaz later re-married -
            to "Bertha Jewell Roberson" -
            with several more children born.

            SSDI - Social Security Death Index
            Name: Lloyd Boaz
            SSN: 458-05-4885 issued: Texas (Before 1951)
            Last Residence: 76240 Gainesville, Cooke, Texas
            Born: 17 Aug 1913 Died: Nov 1985

            Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
            Name: Lloyd Boaz
            Death Date: 12 Nov 1985
            Death County: Dallas

            This looks like a good possibility for Lloyd Boaz -
            1920 Justice Precinct 7, Cooke, Texas
            Boaz, William D/40?/farmer, Lucy J/37, Elsie L/15, Adron T/11,
            (), Ernest B/8, Lloyd R/6, Bertha L/3+11m, Minnie E/1+3m
            http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
            htx=View&r=an&dbid=6061&iid=TXT625_1790-0497

            1930 Precinct 7, Cooke, Texas
            Boaz, Dudley W/51, Lucy/47, William H/23, Adrian T/21,
            (), Ernest B/19, Loyd R/17, Bertha L/14, Linnie E/11, Lois V/6+11m
            http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
            htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=TXT626_2312-0480

            World War I Draft Registration Card, 1917-1918
            Name: William Dudley Boaz (Cooke County, Texas)
            Birth Date: 15 Feb 1879
            http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6482&iid=TX-
            1952491-2902

            Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
            Name: William Dudley Boaz
            Death Date: 13 Nov 1953
            Death County: Cooke
            Certificate: 60302

            On a hunch, I'm looking at Cooke County 1930 surname PEAK* -
            hmmm - could "Ora Aline Peaks (Boaz)" possibly have been born
            later than 1917? Say, something like 1923?

            1930 Gainesville, Cooke, Texas
            Peaks, James R, head 68 widowed born Texas married at age 21
            Adams, Lucille/19/daughter, Edward/35/SonInLaw, Daniel/8m/grandson
            Peaks, Beulah/9/daughter, Ora?/7/daughter, Bruce/5/son
            http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
            htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=TXT626_2312-0107
            NOTE: "Ora?" is indexed as AVA but looks like ORA.

            Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
            Date of Birth: 26 Jan 1925
            Birth County: Cooke
            Father's name: James R Peaks
            Certificate Number: 1591
            Roll Number: 1925_0013
            ----------
            Date of Birth: 30 Jul 1920
            Birth County: Cooke
            Father's name: J R Peaks
            Certificate Number: 34647
            Roll Number: 1920_0011
            ----------
            (Drat! Not all of the PEAKS children are recorded.)

            Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
            Name: James Robert Peaks
            Death Date: 30 Aug 1939
            Death County: Cooke
            Certificate: 36786

            - Tom Knox IBSSG

            <army_wife1006@...> wrote:

            > Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother died during
            > childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline Peaks Boaz (I am not
            > sure they know this for sure.) She was born around 1917. I can
            find no information on her at all. I know that my husband's
            grandmother was very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no
            one ever talked about her mother and she only heard the name maybe
            three or four times her whole life. I would love any suggestions
            anyone has for me. Ora married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the
            1930's or early 1940's.

          • Mary Jones
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
              Jordan...There is a death in the Texas Death Index for Mrs. Aline
              Boaz. Death was July 13, 1943 in Harris County. Certificate number is
              32767. Will send you more as I find it or you can just write me at
              tassell_canterbury at yahoo.com. I'm Mary.
            • Mary Jones
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
                The following is from the census records, all Justice Precinct 7,
                Cooke County, Texas. The differences in each comes from the written
                record. By comparing years and looking at ages you can narrow down
                birth times.

                1910 Taken April 26.
                William D 30 Tx Tx Ga Day Labour - Odd Jobs
                Lucy 25 Ok USA USA
                Elcy 5 Ok Tx Ok
                William 4 " " "
                Adrian 2 " " "
                This record identifies that this is a first marriage for Wm and Lucy
                and they have been married five years. They live in a rented house.

                1920 Taken January 26.
                William D 40 Tx Tn Ga Farmer
                Lucy J 37 Ky Ky Ky
                Elsie G 15 Ky Ky Ky
                William H 13 Ky Ky Ky
                Adron T 11 Ok Tx Ky
                Ernest B 8 Ok Tx Ky
                Llood R 6 Ok Tx Ky
                Bertha L 3.11/12 Ok Tx Ky
                Minnie E 1.3/12 Ok Tx Ky

                1930 Taken April 1
                Dudley W 51 (23) Tx Tx Tx Farm Labour
                Lucy 47 (21) Ky Ky Tn
                William H 23 Tx Tx Ky Farm General (cannot read next word)
                Adrian T 21 Ok Tx Ky Labour Truck Driver
                Ernest B 19 Tx Tx Ky
                Loyd R 17 Tx Tx Ky
                Bertha L 14 Tx Tx Ky
                Linnie E 11 Tx Tx Ky
                Lois V 6.11/12 Tx Tx Ky
                They live at a rented farm and own a radio. Also, record indicates no
                one has been in the service.

                If the age is written out as follows - 8.5/12 it means 8 years and 5
                months.
              • Mary Jones
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
                  World War 1 Draft Registration Cards:
                  1917-1918 Cooke County, Texas
                  William Dudley Boaz
                  RFD # 2, Whiteboro (?)
                  Age: 39 BD: 15 Feb 1879
                  Roll: 1952 491

                  Social Security Death Index
                  Lloyd Boaz
                  SS#: 458-05-4885 Texas issued(pre-1951)
                  Last residence: Gainesville
                  Born: 17 Aug 1913
                  Died: Nov 1985

                  Texas Death Index 1903-2000 Cooke County Certificate:
                  Ernest Bee DOD: 5 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 1021
                  Lucy Jane DOD: 21 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 6252
                  Adrian T DOD: 28 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 6256
                  William Dudley DOD: 13 Nov 1953 Cooke County Certificate: 60302

                  I also found five birth records but since some people may be alive I
                  will send them on when I hear from you.