help me please

  • jordan
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
      Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother died during
      childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline Peaks Boaz (I am not
      sure they know this for sure.) She was born around 1917. I can find
      no information on her at all. I know that my husband's grandmother was
      very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no one ever talked
      about her mother and she only heard the name maybe three or four times
      her whole life. I would love any suggestions anyone has for me. Ora
      married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the 1930's or early 1940's.
    • linda buss
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
        have you tried to get a copy of your husbands
        grandmothers birth cerificate sometimes they should
        have the mother and fathers name listed, sometimes you
        can get the maiden name off the certificates, it can
        be difficult to read them sometimes the doctors
        handwriting leaves alot to be desired, it is worth a
        shot anyway
        --- jordan <army_wife1006@...> wrote:

        > Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother
        > died during
        > childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline
        > Peaks Boaz (I am not
        > sure they know this for sure.) She was born around
        > 1917. I can find
        > no information on her at all. I know that my
        > husband's grandmother was
        > very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no
        > one ever talked
        > about her mother and she only heard the name maybe
        > three or four times
        > her whole life. I would love any suggestions anyone
        > has for me. Ora
        > married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the 1930's or
        > early 1940's.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • jean
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2007
          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "jordan"
          <army_wife1006@...> wrote:

          > Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother died during
          > childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline Peaks Boaz (I am not
          > sure they know this for sure.) She was born around 1917. I can find
          > no information on her at all. I know that my husband's grandmother
          was
          > very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no one ever talked
          > about her mother and she only heard the name maybe three or four
          times
          > her whole life. I would love any suggestions anyone has for me. Ora
          > married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the 1930's or early 1940's.

          jordan look in the 1920 and 1930 census under ora ailene peaks. or o.
          peaks or ora a.peaks. that should give you something to start with.
        • Susan Ball
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
            Do you know where your husband's grandmother was born? Or her siblings? Do
            you know where Ora and Llyod were married?

            Susan

            On 1/2/07, jordan <army_wife1006@...> wrote:

            > Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother died during
            > childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline Peaks Boaz (I am not
            > sure they know this for sure.) She was born around 1917. I can find
            > no information on her at all. I know that my husband's grandmother was
            > very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no one ever talked
            > about her mother and she only heard the name maybe three or four times
            > her whole life. I would love any suggestions anyone has for me. Ora
            > married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the 1930's or early 1940's.

          • Tom Knox
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
              Jordan -

              I couldn't find a marriage date, but this info should be useful -

              Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
              Name: Dorothy Jane Boaz
              Date of Birth: 11 Dec 1938
              Gender: Female
              Birth County: Cooke
              Father's name: Lloyd R Boaz
              Mother's name: Ora A Peahs (Peaks)
              Roll Number: 1938_0001
              ----------
              Name: Charles Raymond Boaz
              Date of Birth: 1 Nov 1940
              Gender: Male
              Birth County: Grayson
              Father's name: Lloyd R Boaz
              Mother's name: Olive Peaks (??)
              Roll Number: 1940_0001
              ----------
              Name: William Dewitt Boaz
              Date of Birth: 11 Jul 1943
              Gender: Male
              Birth County: Harris
              Father's name: Lloyd Raymond Boaz
              Mother's name: Ora Aline Peaks
              Roll Number: 1943_0001

              Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
              Name: William D. Boaz (I presume that this is the newborn)
              Death Date: 12 Jul 1943
              Death County: Harris
              Certificate: 32768
              ----------
              Name: Mrs. Aline Boaz
              Death Date: 13 Jul 1943
              Death County: Harris
              Certificate: 32767

              It looks like Lloyd R Boaz later re-married -
              to "Bertha Jewell Roberson" -
              with several more children born.

              SSDI - Social Security Death Index
              Name: Lloyd Boaz
              SSN: 458-05-4885 issued: Texas (Before 1951)
              Last Residence: 76240 Gainesville, Cooke, Texas
              Born: 17 Aug 1913 Died: Nov 1985

              Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
              Name: Lloyd Boaz
              Death Date: 12 Nov 1985
              Death County: Dallas

              This looks like a good possibility for Lloyd Boaz -
              1920 Justice Precinct 7, Cooke, Texas
              Boaz, William D/40?/farmer, Lucy J/37, Elsie L/15, Adron T/11,
              (), Ernest B/8, Lloyd R/6, Bertha L/3+11m, Minnie E/1+3m
              http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
              htx=View&r=an&dbid=6061&iid=TXT625_1790-0497

              1930 Precinct 7, Cooke, Texas
              Boaz, Dudley W/51, Lucy/47, William H/23, Adrian T/21,
              (), Ernest B/19, Loyd R/17, Bertha L/14, Linnie E/11, Lois V/6+11m
              http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
              htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=TXT626_2312-0480

              World War I Draft Registration Card, 1917-1918
              Name: William Dudley Boaz (Cooke County, Texas)
              Birth Date: 15 Feb 1879
              http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6482&iid=TX-
              1952491-2902

              Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
              Name: William Dudley Boaz
              Death Date: 13 Nov 1953
              Death County: Cooke
              Certificate: 60302

              On a hunch, I'm looking at Cooke County 1930 surname PEAK* -
              hmmm - could "Ora Aline Peaks (Boaz)" possibly have been born
              later than 1917? Say, something like 1923?

              1930 Gainesville, Cooke, Texas
              Peaks, James R, head 68 widowed born Texas married at age 21
              Adams, Lucille/19/daughter, Edward/35/SonInLaw, Daniel/8m/grandson
              Peaks, Beulah/9/daughter, Ora?/7/daughter, Bruce/5/son
              http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
              htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=TXT626_2312-0107
              NOTE: "Ora?" is indexed as AVA but looks like ORA.

              Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
              Date of Birth: 26 Jan 1925
              Birth County: Cooke
              Father's name: James R Peaks
              Certificate Number: 1591
              Roll Number: 1925_0013
              ----------
              Date of Birth: 30 Jul 1920
              Birth County: Cooke
              Father's name: J R Peaks
              Certificate Number: 34647
              Roll Number: 1920_0011
              ----------
              (Drat! Not all of the PEAKS children are recorded.)

              Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
              Name: James Robert Peaks
              Death Date: 30 Aug 1939
              Death County: Cooke
              Certificate: 36786

              - Tom Knox IBSSG

              <army_wife1006@...> wrote:

              > Here is the deal. My husband's grandmother's mother died during
              > childbirth around 1945. Her name was Ora Aline Peaks Boaz (I am not
              > sure they know this for sure.) She was born around 1917. I can
              find no information on her at all. I know that my husband's
              grandmother was very young (3 or 4) when she died. She says that no
              one ever talked about her mother and she only heard the name maybe
              three or four times her whole life. I would love any suggestions
              anyone has for me. Ora married Lloyd Raymond Boaz sometime in the
              1930's or early 1940's.

            • Mary Jones
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
                Jordan...There is a death in the Texas Death Index for Mrs. Aline
                Boaz. Death was July 13, 1943 in Harris County. Certificate number is
                32767. Will send you more as I find it or you can just write me at
                tassell_canterbury at yahoo.com. I'm Mary.
              • Mary Jones
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
                  The following is from the census records, all Justice Precinct 7,
                  Cooke County, Texas. The differences in each comes from the written
                  record. By comparing years and looking at ages you can narrow down
                  birth times.

                  1910 Taken April 26.
                  William D 30 Tx Tx Ga Day Labour - Odd Jobs
                  Lucy 25 Ok USA USA
                  Elcy 5 Ok Tx Ok
                  William 4 " " "
                  Adrian 2 " " "
                  This record identifies that this is a first marriage for Wm and Lucy
                  and they have been married five years. They live in a rented house.

                  1920 Taken January 26.
                  William D 40 Tx Tn Ga Farmer
                  Lucy J 37 Ky Ky Ky
                  Elsie G 15 Ky Ky Ky
                  William H 13 Ky Ky Ky
                  Adron T 11 Ok Tx Ky
                  Ernest B 8 Ok Tx Ky
                  Llood R 6 Ok Tx Ky
                  Bertha L 3.11/12 Ok Tx Ky
                  Minnie E 1.3/12 Ok Tx Ky

                  1930 Taken April 1
                  Dudley W 51 (23) Tx Tx Tx Farm Labour
                  Lucy 47 (21) Ky Ky Tn
                  William H 23 Tx Tx Ky Farm General (cannot read next word)
                  Adrian T 21 Ok Tx Ky Labour Truck Driver
                  Ernest B 19 Tx Tx Ky
                  Loyd R 17 Tx Tx Ky
                  Bertha L 14 Tx Tx Ky
                  Linnie E 11 Tx Tx Ky
                  Lois V 6.11/12 Tx Tx Ky
                  They live at a rented farm and own a radio. Also, record indicates no
                  one has been in the service.

                  If the age is written out as follows - 8.5/12 it means 8 years and 5
                  months.
                • Mary Jones
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 4, 2007
                    World War 1 Draft Registration Cards:
                    1917-1918 Cooke County, Texas
                    William Dudley Boaz
                    RFD # 2, Whiteboro (?)
                    Age: 39 BD: 15 Feb 1879
                    Roll: 1952 491

                    Social Security Death Index
                    Lloyd Boaz
                    SS#: 458-05-4885 Texas issued(pre-1951)
                    Last residence: Gainesville
                    Born: 17 Aug 1913
                    Died: Nov 1985

                    Texas Death Index 1903-2000 Cooke County Certificate:
                    Ernest Bee DOD: 5 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 1021
                    Lucy Jane DOD: 21 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 6252
                    Adrian T DOD: 28 Jan 1951 Cooke County Certificate: 6256
                    William Dudley DOD: 13 Nov 1953 Cooke County Certificate: 60302

                    I also found five birth records but since some people may be alive I
                    will send them on when I hear from you.