Re: [Genealogy Research Club] One of my brick walls

  • Susan Ball
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
      That's a good idea. I'm glad you have access to the historian and library.
      I hope you find something.

      Susan

      On 1/1/07, klturner1172 <klturner1172@...> wrote:

      > Susan,
      >
      > Lrt me contact the Bonifay Historian, I live here in Florida and I
      > will let you know what I find out. She might have and obit in the
      > local paper, however since they have not put them on film or fiche, I
      > will have to go to the library there.

    • Susan Ball
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
        Hi PJ,

        I wasn't clear if you had Census info or not, but I found these and
        thought I'd send them on. I wasn't able to easily spot Cyrus in the 1850
        census. Have you tired the rootsweb county project for Boone?

        Susan
        _________
        In 1850 Census there is a Chas. A. Sponsler b. 1826 and a Simon A. Sponsler
        b. 1822 in Sagamon, IL; both b. PA and living together with wives &
        children.

        1860: District 16, Sangamon, Illinois; Sims Sponsler (Sirus) b. PA; wife
        Melinda b. IL, dau. Mary A. b. IL

        ( ---Another Sponsler in Sagamon, IL is G. b. abt.1833 in PA, wife Sarah,
        children W.A and G.A.)

        (---Other Sponsler's in IL who were born in PA: Franklin R.; James W.; C.A.;
        Lewis; Harriet (listed as male) and J. - all are of an age that could be
        Cyrus's brothers)

        1870: Liberty, Putnam, Missouri; C Sponsler; wife S. b. IN, dau M.A.A. b.
        IA, son J.P. b. MO

        (I didn't see any other Sponsler's living in MO b. in PA)

        1880: Russell, Camden, Missouri; C. H. Sponsler b. PA, parents b. PA; wife
        Sarah, son James