Re:Breaking down those Brick Walls

  • klturner1172
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      Found a Bertha Schecter, listed in the 1930 census with Max and
      Children Flo, Jewel, and Jack.Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census
      Place: Brooklyn, Kings, New York; Roll: 1530; Page: 4A; Enumeration
      District: 753; Image: 133.0.

      Do you know if she married again? There are very few cemeteries in
      Kings County New York, you might was to contact the Genealogy society
      in Kings county New York for some help.
    • Peakcat@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2007
        Thank you for the information. You have probably found the correct Bertha
        Schechter since you indicate her daughter's name as Flo (Frances) and that is
        how she was known. My husband thinks that Bertha may have remarried after the
        divorce to a man by the name of Jules Stein but does not know what happened to
        him since Bertha came to live with him and his parents in either 1955 or
        1956 prior to her death. He also remembers that she lived in Queens, NY for
        awhile prior to moving in with him and his parents. Jules Stein, though, never
        moved in with them but we found my husband's public school autograph book (when
        he graduated) and there is a note from a Jules Stein in 1956 but nothing
        from Bertha. Any ideas would be helpful.

        Happy, healthy new year to the group.

        Ina Getzoff
        _Peakcat@..._ (mailto:Peakcat@...)