Next Step?

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2006
      Not sure of what my next step should be at this time. My sister is
      mainly interested in tracing our family's direct lines and in addition
      to that I'm trying to trace extended family branches. For instance,
      in addition to knowing my great great grandfather's name, I want to
      find out the name of any siblings

      Right now I have an entry for my great great great grandfather born
      January 6th 1799 at Port of Monteith, Perthshire Scotland and I do
      have his parents names, but no additional information. Does anyone
      have any suggestions on a next step to possibly go back further?

      Also if anyone else on this board is tracing family roots thru the
      Ukraine, I'm also doing that but from what I'm seeing I have to use
      the services of a professional to handle obtaining the information for
      me as it's not readily published like records here in Canada, the US
      and the United Kingdom

      Thanks, Suzanne