Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: William Arthur PAXTON

  • Tina Paxton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2006
      THANKS SO MUCH!!!! SS Pennsylvania certainly makes more sense than the USS Pennsylvania!

      I also just received a photocopy of the three-part story he wrote for the Alaska Sportsman dealing with his 4 years gold hunting during the Klondike gold rush (1897-1901). He even mentions the census taker so I knew he was counted...checked the 1900 Alaska census and sure enough, there he was. The good thing about the article (written in 1955) is that he admits that he relies heavily on the journal of his mining partner which appeared to have kept a very thorough journal.

      Now, here's a question for ya'll: the 1900 & 1930 census mentions that he was naturalized. He would have been 1 or 2 years old when he immigrated. Would he have a separate naturalization file or would he have been naturalized along with his parents?