Research help

  • Tina Paxton
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30 5:34 PM
      Anyone have any suggestions on how to confirm the following information about my ancestor, William Arthur Paxton:

      * Headed up arts department in Fairfax High School in Hollywood during "the war" (uncertain whether WWI or WWII but suspect WWI as most likely)
      * Production illustrator for Lockheed Aircraft Industry
      * flew to New Zealand in 1946 or 1947

      These "facts" appear as handwritten notes on the inside cover of a book of rhymes he published. I have proven one of the other facts to be true (that he graduated from Stanford University in 1906).

    • Tom Knox
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
        Since your questions seem to apply to California,
        I would suggest that you try your questions at YahooGroup
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiagenealogy/

        That Group is not exclusively for California genealogy,
        but there IS a lot of California genealogy going on there.

        - Tom Knox IBSSG
        (I am a member at that YahooGroup)

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tina Paxton"
        <Frecs@...> wrote:

        > Anyone have any suggestions on how to confirm the following
        information about my ancestor, William Arthur Paxton:

        > * Headed up arts department in Fairfax High School in Hollywood
        during "the war" (uncertain whether WWI or WWII but suspect WWI as
        most likely)
        > * Production illustrator for Lockheed Aircraft Industry
        > * flew to New Zealand in 1946 or 1947
        >
        > These "facts" appear as handwritten notes on the inside cover of a
        book of rhymes he published. I have proven one of the other facts
        to be true (that he graduated from Stanford University in 1906).

      • belinda simpson
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 12, 2006
          thank you

          Tom Knox <tomknox2001@...> wrote: Since your questions seem to apply to California,