Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Unknown last name or first placed on tree

  • Pam Taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2006
      I don't use FTM - my preference is Legacy... however, when I come across
      surname problems (the lack of), etc. I use the following scenarios:
      (1) No surname or 1st name... Wife of ..... [HUSBAND'S SURNAME]
      (2) No 1st name... but a surname... Daughter or Son SURNAME
      I don't like using the term "unknown" - because, perhaps, one day that
      information will be known.
      Hope this suggestion helps...
      Pami