Family Tree programs

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2006
      I've seen a couple of family tree programs recently in Family Tree
      Magazine and was hoping someone here had heard or used them and could
      give their opinions on them

      Actually does anyone subscribe to the Family Tree Magazine at all?
      The newsstand price $6 an issue every other month but apparently is
      only $24 if you subscribe. There is some good things in it. I
      haven't really used it enough to make much of a decision on it. A lot
      of the articles have to do with searching here in the US it seems.
      Although the one I'm reading now has an article on German Russian roots

      The programs I'm looking at are PedigreeSoft and Family Atlas by
      RootsMagic. I noticed with PedigreeSoft that you can do it from
      anywhere online, not just your home PC and I could give my sister a
      username and password or a cousin that would allow them to add
      information and branches to the tree. I really like that option. I
      like Family Tree Maker which I use now and the subscription to
      Ancestry really helps. But my sister and I have two separate trees

      The Family Atlas by RootsMagic looks interesting just simply because
      it would show on a globe of the world where family members are from
      and live currently, from what I can gather at least.

      Any suggestions or opinions on these items are greatly appreciated

      Thanks, Suzanne