Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Bible from 1915 found...please advise

  • kate
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2006
      Do you have a digital camera? Instead of photocopying pages from my family's genealogy books, I take photos with my digital Camera, then put them on my computer. It really depends how fragile the pages are, and how easily you can handle them.

      I would find a good archival box to put the bible in.

      Hope this helps
      Kate
      An aunt has found a Bible that belonged to my great-grandparents and
      includes the signature of the Pastor who married them in 1915 and also
      includes perhaps 100 years worth of family history. I have not had
      the opportunity to see this Bible as I live in a different state. I
      have several questions for the list:

      1. Is it safe to photocopy the pages that include family history?

      2. How should we preserve this Bible? My aunt says the pages are in
      good shape but the binding is broken. I told her for now to wrap it
      in acid free paper and put it in a ziplock freezer bag. Is this
      right? What should we do for the long term?

      Tina Paxton
      Researching: Paxton, Porter, Weeks, Ryals, Brown, Hodenfield, Hewitt