HURFORD/PICKERING

  • Judy Ardine
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2006
      I recently purchased the estate papers for John HURFORD d: 03 Jun 1851
      Harrison cnty, OH. I started transcribing some of the distribution amongst
      the heirs last night.

      No. 10-11-12-13 V 14

      Receipt of Distribution

      John PICKERING
      Mary his wife $207.58.8
      Aquilla H PICKERING
      Ruth his wife $207.58.8
      John SMITH & Sarah
      Ann his wife $207.58.8
      Naomi PICKERING $207.58.8
      Jonathan E PICKERING $207.58.8
      $1037.94 Interest
      March 16th 1852

      $1037.94
      Received of Evan HURFORD and John H HURFORD Administrators of the estate
      of John HURFORD Senior, late of Harrison County Ohio, deceased, One
      thousand and thirty seven 94/100 dollars being in full of the distributive
      shares of the undersigned John H PICKERING and Mary his wife, Aquilla H
      PICKERING and Ruth his wife, John SMITH and Sarah Ann his wife, Naomi
      PICKERING and Jonathon E PICKERING ... of said Estate of John HURFORD
      deceades, the said John H PICKERING, Aquila PICKERING, Sarah Ann SMITH,
      Naomi PICKERING and Johnathon E PICKERING being grand-children of said
      decedent with the share of each being $207.58/100 4.5 in all being said sum
      of Ten hundred and thirty seven and 94/100 dollars - the receipt of which
      sum of $1037.94 is hereby acknowledged as this day paid by said
      Administrators in full discharge ........ as aforesaid of all said shares -
      Given under our hands this 16th day of the third month AD 1852.

      John H PICKERING
      Mary PICKERING
      Aquila H PICKERING
      Ruth M PICKERING
      John SMITH
      Sarahann SMITH
      Naomi PICKERING

      Attest: ......... A. BINGHAM at the same time of signing said Jonathan E
      PICKEIRNG ......... his Power of Atty ...... the other parties which is
      also delivered with this receipt by heirs to ......Administrators
      Attest:
      ..... A BINGHAM
      by Jonathan E PICKERING, their attorney in fact.
      Jonathon E PICKERING
      who signed also for himself.