Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Revolutionary War Info

  • fplum
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2006
      I have a similar problem. I have two 5X g-gfs (Nathan HEALD and David WATT) who served in the militia during the war. The DAR has confirmed this. I even know their units. However the challenge that was issued to me was that every one of age was required to enlist in the militia, but that few of those units actually fought in the war. I have tried to Google their units with no success. Personally I feel that they still served even if they did not fight but it sure would be interesting to find out what they did.

      Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
      Researching the following Surnames:
      Wife's family: Hier, Jackson, Kebler, Roberts, Reavis, Weaver
      Plumstead and Associated Families: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/