Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Info on my GGG Grandparnets Please!!

  • Susan Ball
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
      Btw, this William's parents were born in Ireland. Ellen was born in Indiana
      and her parents born in Ireland. I saved the Census image if you want it.

      Susan

      On 10/11/06, Susan Ball <genealogy.researcher@...> wrote:

      > Is this them? It was the first listing when I searched Ancestry -
      >
      > 1900 United States Federal Census Record
      > Pipe Creek, Madison, Indiana
      >
      > *Source Citation:* Year: *1900*; Census Place: *Pipe
      > Creek, Madison, Indiana*; Roll: *T623 386*; Page: *9A*;
      > Enumeration District: *107*.
      >
      > Household Members: Name Age
      > William Kennedy 63 (born Ohio; married 35 years)
      > Ellen Kennedy 56 (10 living children)
      > Patrick Kennedy 26
      > William Kennedy 24
      > Anna Kennedy 20
      > Maggie Kennedy 18
      > Joseph Kennedy 15
      > John J Dyer 33 (son-in-law)
      > Theresa Dyer 22 (daughter)
      > Burnard Dyer 7.12 (grand-son)
      >
      > Do you know the names of the 4 oldest children?
      >
      > Susan
      >
      > On 10/10/06, blue_eyed_angel4u64 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello all!! I need some serious help please!! I'm trying to find info
      > > on my GGG-Grandparents William and Ellen Maloney Kennedy.. William was
      > > born in March 1837 in either Ohio or Indiana. They were married in
      > > Elwood, In and they have 10 children. William died in 1909 in Ege,
      > > Indiana, Noble County. I've searched Ancestry.com and some of the
      > > others but I'm unable to come up with anything.. As I said earlier, any
      > > and all info is greatly appreciated!!
      > > Thank you so very much!!
      > >
      > > P.S. I do know Ellen's parents came from Ireland. But where I'm not
      > > sure.
      > >
      > > Trina Kennedy Shideler

    • Susan Ball
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
        I just found them in 1870 and 1880 (hope this is the right family) Again,
        I saved the images if you want them. Also, it seems as if some of the
        children went by both middle and first names?

        Children:

        1870
        Mary Kennedey b. 1864
        John Kennedey b. 1866
        Elizabeth Kennedey b.1868

        1880
        Mary Kennedey 17 b. 1863
        John Kennedey 14 b. 1866
        Elizabeth Kennedey 12 b. 1868
        Charles Kennedey 10 b. 1870
        Mcheal Kennedey 7 b. 1873
        George Kennedey 5 b.1875
        Nancy Kennedey 3 b. 1877
        Anna Kennedey 4M b. 1880

        1900
        Patrick Kennedy 26 b. 1874 (Michael?)
        William Kennedy 24 b. 1876 (George?)
        Theresa Kennedy Dyer age 22 b. 1868 (Nancy?)
        Anna Kennedy 20 b. 1880
        Maggie Kennedy 18 b. 1882
        Joseph Kennedy 15 b. 1885

        (Total of 10 Children)

        Susan

        [below found by searching for exact soundex spelling for Ellen Kennedy b.
        1843 plus or minus one year in Indiana]

        1870 United States Federal Census Record
        Swan, Noble, Indiana

        Source Citation: Year: 1870; Census Place: Swan, Noble, Indiana; Roll:
        M593_347; Page: 298; Image: 598.

        Household Members:
        William Kenaday b. Indiana 1838
        Ellen b. Indiana 1842
        Mary b. Indiana 1864
        John b. Indiana 1866
        Elizabeth b. Indiana 1868

        [found below by searching exact soundex spelling for Elizabeth Kenaday b.
        1868 plus or minus one year in Noble County Indiana]

        1880 United States Federal Census Record
        Swan, Noble, Indiana

        Source Citation: Year: 1880; Census Place: Swan, Noble, Indiana; Roll:
        T9_302; Family History Film: 1254302; Page: 509.2000; Enumeration District:
        75; Image: 0180.

        Household Members: Name Age
        Wm. Kennedey 45 (born Ohio, parents born Ohio)
        Ellen Kennedey 38
        Mary Kennedey 17
        John Kennedey 14
        Elizabeth Kennedey 12
        Charles Kennedey 10
        Mcheal Kennedey 7
        George Kennedey 5
        Nancy Kennedey 3
        Anna Kennedey 4M

        --
        The only Ellen Maloney I could find in Indiana (of the right age)

        1860 United States Federal Census Record
        Smith, Whitley, Indiana

        Source Citation: Year: 1860; Census Place: Smith, Whitley, Indiana; Roll:
        M653_307; Page: 824; Image: 358.

        Household Members: Name Age
        Patrick Maloney 54 (b. Ireland)
        Catharine Maloney 47 (b. Ireland)
        Mary Maloney 20
        Ellen Maloney 18 (all children b. Indiana)
        John Maloney 15
        James Maloney 13
        Nancy A Maloney 11
        Patrick Maloney 9
        Bridgett Maloney 7

        There are several possiblities for William Kennedy b. 1843 in either Ohio or
        Indiana. None in the same county as the Maloney's. Do you know more about
        him? Siblings names? Parents?

        On 10/11/06, Susan Ball <genealogy.researcher@...> wrote:

        > Btw, this William's parents were born in Ireland. Ellen was born in
        > Indiana and her parents born in Ireland. I saved the Census image if you
        > want it.
        >
        > Susan
        >
        > On 10/11/06, Susan Ball <genealogy.researcher@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Is this them? It was the first listing when I searched Ancestry -
        > >
        > > 1900 United States Federal Census Record
        > > Pipe Creek, Madison, Indiana
        > >
        > > *Source Citation:* Year: *1900*; Census Place: *Pipe
        > > Creek, Madison, Indiana*; Roll: *T623 386*; Page: *9A*;
        > > Enumeration District: *107*.
        > >
        > > Household Members: Name Age
        > > William Kennedy 63 (born Ohio; married 35 years)
        > > Ellen Kennedy 56 (10 living children)
        > > Patrick Kennedy 26
        > > William Kennedy 24
        > > Anna Kennedy 20
        > > Maggie Kennedy 18
        > > Joseph Kennedy 15
        > > John J Dyer 33 (son-in-law)
        > > Theresa Dyer 22 (daughter)
        > > Burnard Dyer 7.12 (grand-son)
        > >
        > > Do you know the names of the 4 oldest children?
        > >
        > > Susan
        > >
        > > On 10/10/06, blue_eyed_angel4u64 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello all!! I need some serious help please!! I'm trying to find info
        > > > on my GGG-Grandparents William and Ellen Maloney Kennedy.. William was
        > > > born in March 1837 in either Ohio or Indiana. They were married in
        > > > Elwood, In and they have 10 children. William died in 1909 in Ege,
        > > > Indiana, Noble County. I've searched Ancestry.com and some of the
        > > > others but I'm unable to come up with anything.. As I said earlier,
        > > > any
        > > > and all info is greatly appreciated!!
        > > > Thank you so very much!!
        > > >
        > > > P.S. I do know Ellen's parents came from Ireland. But where I'm not
        > > > sure.
        > > >
        > > > Trina Kennedy Shideler

      • Shads
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 25, 2012
          Trina if you are still around, I know this is 6 years later but I have much information on William and Ellen Kennedy.
          If anyone knows how to contact her please give her my email address and ask her to get ahold of me. Thanks
          Anna Marie