RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Your GGG Grandparents Please!!

  • Clark & Rita Pederson
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
      Trina:

      Have you looked at all the census records for both states?

      You need to try and find the death certificate or obit for Ellen to see if
      you can get a location in Ireland.

      Ireland records are extremely hard to find unless you have some very
      specific information. Ellen's name is just to common to expect to just find
      her.

      I hope someone else is working this line that can help you but most likely
      you will have to do the digging yourself and some of it will have to be off
      computer.

      Rita in Oregon

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
        I found them in the 1900 census but parts are hard to read..........let me know if you got this........before I send more...babylou52@... Lou

        --- On Tue 10/10, blue_eyed_angel4u64 < no_reply@yahoogroups.com > wrote:
        From: blue_eyed_angel4u64 [mailto: no_reply@yahoogroups.com]To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.comDate: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 00:05:13 -0000Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Info on my GGG Grandparnets Please!!Hello all!! I need some serious help please!! I'm trying to find info on my GGG-Grandparents William and Ellen Maloney Kennedy.. William was born in March 1837 in either Ohio or Indiana. They were married in Elwood, In and they have 10 children. William died in 1909 in Ege, Indiana, Noble County. I've searched Ancestry.com and some of the others but I'm unable to come up with anything.. As I said earlier, any and all info is greatly appreciated!! Thank you so very much!! P.S. I do know Ellen's parents came from Ireland. But where I'm not sure. Trina Kennedy ShidelerSearching for your ancestry? You'll find great help at Ancestry.Comhttp://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go
        to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genealogyresearchclub/<*> Your email settings:Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genealogyresearchclub/join(Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email:mailto:genealogyresearchclub-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:genealogyresearchclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:genealogyresearchclub-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • kate
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
          Hi Trina I found this on Rootsweb:
          http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1887388&id=I91204328

          I hope it helps!
          Kate

          blue_eyed_angel4u64 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hello all!! I need some serious help please!! I'm trying to find info
          on my GGG-Grandparents William and Ellen Maloney Kennedy.. William was
          born in March 1837 in either Ohio or Indiana. They were married in
          Elwood, In and they have 10 children. William died in 1909 in Ege,
          Indiana, Noble County. I've searched Ancestry.com and some of the
          others but I'm unable to come up with anything.. As I said earlier, any
          and all info is greatly appreciated!!
          Thank you so very much!!

          P.S. I do know Ellen's parents came from Ireland. But where I'm not
          sure.

          Trina Kennedy Shideler

        • Susan Ball
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
            Is this them? It was the first listing when I searched Ancestry -

            1900 United States Federal Census Record
            Pipe Creek, Madison, Indiana

            *Source Citation:* Year: *1900*; Census Place: *Pipe Creek, Madison, Indiana
            *; Roll: *T623 386*; Page: *9A*; Enumeration District: *107*.

            Household Members: Name Age
            William Kennedy 63 (born Ohio; married 35 years)
            Ellen Kennedy 56 (10 living children)
            Patrick Kennedy 26
            William Kennedy 24
            Anna Kennedy 20
            Maggie Kennedy 18
            Joseph Kennedy 15
            John J Dyer 33 (son-in-law)
            Theresa Dyer 22 (daughter)
            Burnard Dyer 7.12 (grand-son)

            Do you know the names of the 4 oldest children?

            Susan

            On 10/10/06, blue_eyed_angel4u64 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > Hello all!! I need some serious help please!! I'm trying to find info
            > on my GGG-Grandparents William and Ellen Maloney Kennedy.. William was
            > born in March 1837 in either Ohio or Indiana. They were married in
            > Elwood, In and they have 10 children. William died in 1909 in Ege,
            > Indiana, Noble County. I've searched Ancestry.com and some of the
            > others but I'm unable to come up with anything.. As I said earlier, any
            > and all info is greatly appreciated!!
            > Thank you so very much!!
            >
            > P.S. I do know Ellen's parents came from Ireland. But where I'm not
            > sure.
            >
            > Trina Kennedy Shideler

          • Susan Ball
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
              Btw, this William's parents were born in Ireland. Ellen was born in Indiana
              and her parents born in Ireland. I saved the Census image if you want it.

              Susan

              On 10/11/06, Susan Ball <genealogy.researcher@...> wrote:

              > Is this them? It was the first listing when I searched Ancestry -
              >
              > 1900 United States Federal Census Record
              > Pipe Creek, Madison, Indiana
              >
              > *Source Citation:* Year: *1900*; Census Place: *Pipe
              > Creek, Madison, Indiana*; Roll: *T623 386*; Page: *9A*;
              > Enumeration District: *107*.
              >
              > Household Members: Name Age
              > William Kennedy 63 (born Ohio; married 35 years)
              > Ellen Kennedy 56 (10 living children)
              > Patrick Kennedy 26
              > William Kennedy 24
              > Anna Kennedy 20
              > Maggie Kennedy 18
              > Joseph Kennedy 15
              > John J Dyer 33 (son-in-law)
              > Theresa Dyer 22 (daughter)
              > Burnard Dyer 7.12 (grand-son)
              >
              > Do you know the names of the 4 oldest children?
              >
              > Susan
              >
              > On 10/10/06, blue_eyed_angel4u64 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello all!! I need some serious help please!! I'm trying to find info
              > > on my GGG-Grandparents William and Ellen Maloney Kennedy.. William was
              > > born in March 1837 in either Ohio or Indiana. They were married in
              > > Elwood, In and they have 10 children. William died in 1909 in Ege,
              > > Indiana, Noble County. I've searched Ancestry.com and some of the
              > > others but I'm unable to come up with anything.. As I said earlier, any
              > > and all info is greatly appreciated!!
              > > Thank you so very much!!
              > >
              > > P.S. I do know Ellen's parents came from Ireland. But where I'm not
              > > sure.
              > >
              > > Trina Kennedy Shideler

            • Susan Ball
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
                I just found them in 1870 and 1880 (hope this is the right family) Again,
                I saved the images if you want them. Also, it seems as if some of the
                children went by both middle and first names?

                Children:

                1870
                Mary Kennedey b. 1864
                John Kennedey b. 1866
                Elizabeth Kennedey b.1868

                1880
                Mary Kennedey 17 b. 1863
                John Kennedey 14 b. 1866
                Elizabeth Kennedey 12 b. 1868
                Charles Kennedey 10 b. 1870
                Mcheal Kennedey 7 b. 1873
                George Kennedey 5 b.1875
                Nancy Kennedey 3 b. 1877
                Anna Kennedey 4M b. 1880

                1900
                Patrick Kennedy 26 b. 1874 (Michael?)
                William Kennedy 24 b. 1876 (George?)
                Theresa Kennedy Dyer age 22 b. 1868 (Nancy?)
                Anna Kennedy 20 b. 1880
                Maggie Kennedy 18 b. 1882
                Joseph Kennedy 15 b. 1885

                (Total of 10 Children)

                Susan

                [below found by searching for exact soundex spelling for Ellen Kennedy b.
                1843 plus or minus one year in Indiana]

                1870 United States Federal Census Record
                Swan, Noble, Indiana

                Source Citation: Year: 1870; Census Place: Swan, Noble, Indiana; Roll:
                M593_347; Page: 298; Image: 598.

                Household Members:
                William Kenaday b. Indiana 1838
                Ellen b. Indiana 1842
                Mary b. Indiana 1864
                John b. Indiana 1866
                Elizabeth b. Indiana 1868

                [found below by searching exact soundex spelling for Elizabeth Kenaday b.
                1868 plus or minus one year in Noble County Indiana]

                1880 United States Federal Census Record
                Swan, Noble, Indiana

                Source Citation: Year: 1880; Census Place: Swan, Noble, Indiana; Roll:
                T9_302; Family History Film: 1254302; Page: 509.2000; Enumeration District:
                75; Image: 0180.

                Household Members: Name Age
                Wm. Kennedey 45 (born Ohio, parents born Ohio)
                Ellen Kennedey 38
                Mary Kennedey 17
                John Kennedey 14
                Elizabeth Kennedey 12
                Charles Kennedey 10
                Mcheal Kennedey 7
                George Kennedey 5
                Nancy Kennedey 3
                Anna Kennedey 4M

                --
                The only Ellen Maloney I could find in Indiana (of the right age)

                1860 United States Federal Census Record
                Smith, Whitley, Indiana

                Source Citation: Year: 1860; Census Place: Smith, Whitley, Indiana; Roll:
                M653_307; Page: 824; Image: 358.

                Household Members: Name Age
                Patrick Maloney 54 (b. Ireland)
                Catharine Maloney 47 (b. Ireland)
                Mary Maloney 20
                Ellen Maloney 18 (all children b. Indiana)
                John Maloney 15
                James Maloney 13
                Nancy A Maloney 11
                Patrick Maloney 9
                Bridgett Maloney 7

                There are several possiblities for William Kennedy b. 1843 in either Ohio or
                Indiana. None in the same county as the Maloney's. Do you know more about
                him? Siblings names? Parents?

                On 10/11/06, Susan Ball <genealogy.researcher@...> wrote:

                > Btw, this William's parents were born in Ireland. Ellen was born in
                > Indiana and her parents born in Ireland. I saved the Census image if you
                > want it.
                >
                > Susan
                >
                > On 10/11/06, Susan Ball <genealogy.researcher@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Is this them? It was the first listing when I searched Ancestry -
                > >
                > > 1900 United States Federal Census Record
                > > Pipe Creek, Madison, Indiana
                > >
                > > *Source Citation:* Year: *1900*; Census Place: *Pipe
                > > Creek, Madison, Indiana*; Roll: *T623 386*; Page: *9A*;
                > > Enumeration District: *107*.
                > >
                > > Household Members: Name Age
                > > William Kennedy 63 (born Ohio; married 35 years)
                > > Ellen Kennedy 56 (10 living children)
                > > Patrick Kennedy 26
                > > William Kennedy 24
                > > Anna Kennedy 20
                > > Maggie Kennedy 18
                > > Joseph Kennedy 15
                > > John J Dyer 33 (son-in-law)
                > > Theresa Dyer 22 (daughter)
                > > Burnard Dyer 7.12 (grand-son)
                > >
                > > Do you know the names of the 4 oldest children?
                > >
                > > Susan
                > >
                > > On 10/10/06, blue_eyed_angel4u64 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hello all!! I need some serious help please!! I'm trying to find info
                > > > on my GGG-Grandparents William and Ellen Maloney Kennedy.. William was
                > > > born in March 1837 in either Ohio or Indiana. They were married in
                > > > Elwood, In and they have 10 children. William died in 1909 in Ege,
                > > > Indiana, Noble County. I've searched Ancestry.com and some of the
                > > > others but I'm unable to come up with anything.. As I said earlier,
                > > > any
                > > > and all info is greatly appreciated!!
                > > > Thank you so very much!!
                > > >
                > > > P.S. I do know Ellen's parents came from Ireland. But where I'm not
                > > > sure.
                > > >
                > > > Trina Kennedy Shideler

              • Shads
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 25, 2012
                  Trina if you are still around, I know this is 6 years later but I have much information on William and Ellen Kennedy.
                  If anyone knows how to contact her please give her my email address and ask her to get ahold of me. Thanks
                  Anna Marie