Info on my GGG Grandparnets Please!!

  • blue_eyed_angel4u64
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 10, 2006
      Hello all!! I need some serious help please!! I'm trying to find info
      on my GGG-Grandparents William and Ellen Maloney Kennedy.. William was
      born in March 1837 in either Ohio or Indiana. They were married in
      Elwood, In and they have 10 children. William died in 1909 in Ege,
      Indiana, Noble County. I've searched Ancestry.com and some of the
      others but I'm unable to come up with anything.. As I said earlier, any
      and all info is greatly appreciated!!
      Thank you so very much!!

      P.S. I do know Ellen's parents came from Ireland. But where I'm not
      sure.

      Trina Kennedy Shideler
    • Clark & Rita Pederson
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
        Trina:

        Have you looked at all the census records for both states?

        You need to try and find the death certificate or obit for Ellen to see if
        you can get a location in Ireland.

        Ireland records are extremely hard to find unless you have some very
        specific information. Ellen's name is just to common to expect to just find
        her.

        I hope someone else is working this line that can help you but most likely
        you will have to do the digging yourself and some of it will have to be off
        computer.

        Rita in Oregon

        _____

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
          I found them in the 1900 census but parts are hard to read..........let me know if you got this........before I send more...babylou52@... Lou

          --- On Tue 10/10, blue_eyed_angel4u64 < no_reply@yahoogroups.com > wrote:
          From: blue_eyed_angel4u64 [mailto: no_reply@yahoogroups.com]To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.comDate: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 00:05:13 -0000Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Info on my GGG Grandparnets Please!!Hello all!! I need some serious help please!! I'm trying to find info on my GGG-Grandparents William and Ellen Maloney Kennedy.. William was born in March 1837 in either Ohio or Indiana. They were married in Elwood, In and they have 10 children. William died in 1909 in Ege, Indiana, Noble County. I've searched Ancestry.com and some of the others but I'm unable to come up with anything.. As I said earlier, any and all info is greatly appreciated!! Thank you so very much!! P.S. I do know Ellen's parents came from Ireland. But where I'm not sure. Trina Kennedy ShidelerSearching for your ancestry? You'll find great help at Ancestry.Comhttp://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go
          to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genealogyresearchclub/<*> Your email settings:Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genealogyresearchclub/join(Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email:mailto:genealogyresearchclub-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:genealogyresearchclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:genealogyresearchclub-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • kate
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
            Hi Trina I found this on Rootsweb:
            http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1887388&id=I91204328

            I hope it helps!
            Kate

            blue_eyed_angel4u64 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hello all!! I need some serious help please!! I'm trying to find info
            on my GGG-Grandparents William and Ellen Maloney Kennedy.. William was
            born in March 1837 in either Ohio or Indiana. They were married in
            Elwood, In and they have 10 children. William died in 1909 in Ege,
            Indiana, Noble County. I've searched Ancestry.com and some of the
            others but I'm unable to come up with anything.. As I said earlier, any
            and all info is greatly appreciated!!
            Thank you so very much!!

            P.S. I do know Ellen's parents came from Ireland. But where I'm not
            sure.

            Trina Kennedy Shideler

          • Susan Ball
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
              Is this them? It was the first listing when I searched Ancestry -

              1900 United States Federal Census Record
              Pipe Creek, Madison, Indiana

              *Source Citation:* Year: *1900*; Census Place: *Pipe Creek, Madison, Indiana
              *; Roll: *T623 386*; Page: *9A*; Enumeration District: *107*.

              Household Members: Name Age
              William Kennedy 63 (born Ohio; married 35 years)
              Ellen Kennedy 56 (10 living children)
              Patrick Kennedy 26
              William Kennedy 24
              Anna Kennedy 20
              Maggie Kennedy 18
              Joseph Kennedy 15
              John J Dyer 33 (son-in-law)
              Theresa Dyer 22 (daughter)
              Burnard Dyer 7.12 (grand-son)

              Do you know the names of the 4 oldest children?

              Susan

              On 10/10/06, blue_eyed_angel4u64 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              > Hello all!! I need some serious help please!! I'm trying to find info
              > on my GGG-Grandparents William and Ellen Maloney Kennedy.. William was
              > born in March 1837 in either Ohio or Indiana. They were married in
              > Elwood, In and they have 10 children. William died in 1909 in Ege,
              > Indiana, Noble County. I've searched Ancestry.com and some of the
              > others but I'm unable to come up with anything.. As I said earlier, any
              > and all info is greatly appreciated!!
              > Thank you so very much!!
              >
              > P.S. I do know Ellen's parents came from Ireland. But where I'm not
              > sure.
              >
              > Trina Kennedy Shideler

            • Susan Ball
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
                Btw, this William's parents were born in Ireland. Ellen was born in Indiana
                and her parents born in Ireland. I saved the Census image if you want it.

                Susan

                On 10/11/06, Susan Ball <genealogy.researcher@...> wrote:

                > Is this them? It was the first listing when I searched Ancestry -
                >
                > 1900 United States Federal Census Record
                > Pipe Creek, Madison, Indiana
                >
                > *Source Citation:* Year: *1900*; Census Place: *Pipe
                > Creek, Madison, Indiana*; Roll: *T623 386*; Page: *9A*;
                > Enumeration District: *107*.
                >
                > Household Members: Name Age
                > William Kennedy 63 (born Ohio; married 35 years)
                > Ellen Kennedy 56 (10 living children)
                > Patrick Kennedy 26
                > William Kennedy 24
                > Anna Kennedy 20
                > Maggie Kennedy 18
                > Joseph Kennedy 15
                > John J Dyer 33 (son-in-law)
                > Theresa Dyer 22 (daughter)
                > Burnard Dyer 7.12 (grand-son)
                >
                > Do you know the names of the 4 oldest children?
                >
                > Susan
                >
                > On 10/10/06, blue_eyed_angel4u64 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello all!! I need some serious help please!! I'm trying to find info
                > > on my GGG-Grandparents William and Ellen Maloney Kennedy.. William was
                > > born in March 1837 in either Ohio or Indiana. They were married in
                > > Elwood, In and they have 10 children. William died in 1909 in Ege,
                > > Indiana, Noble County. I've searched Ancestry.com and some of the
                > > others but I'm unable to come up with anything.. As I said earlier, any
                > > and all info is greatly appreciated!!
                > > Thank you so very much!!
                > >
                > > P.S. I do know Ellen's parents came from Ireland. But where I'm not
                > > sure.
                > >
                > > Trina Kennedy Shideler

              • Susan Ball
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
                  I just found them in 1870 and 1880 (hope this is the right family) Again,
                  I saved the images if you want them. Also, it seems as if some of the
                  children went by both middle and first names?

                  Children:

                  1870
                  Mary Kennedey b. 1864
                  John Kennedey b. 1866
                  Elizabeth Kennedey b.1868

                  1880
                  Mary Kennedey 17 b. 1863
                  John Kennedey 14 b. 1866
                  Elizabeth Kennedey 12 b. 1868
                  Charles Kennedey 10 b. 1870
                  Mcheal Kennedey 7 b. 1873
                  George Kennedey 5 b.1875
                  Nancy Kennedey 3 b. 1877
                  Anna Kennedey 4M b. 1880

                  1900
                  Patrick Kennedy 26 b. 1874 (Michael?)
                  William Kennedy 24 b. 1876 (George?)
                  Theresa Kennedy Dyer age 22 b. 1868 (Nancy?)
                  Anna Kennedy 20 b. 1880
                  Maggie Kennedy 18 b. 1882
                  Joseph Kennedy 15 b. 1885

                  (Total of 10 Children)

                  Susan

                  [below found by searching for exact soundex spelling for Ellen Kennedy b.
                  1843 plus or minus one year in Indiana]

                  1870 United States Federal Census Record
                  Swan, Noble, Indiana

                  Source Citation: Year: 1870; Census Place: Swan, Noble, Indiana; Roll:
                  M593_347; Page: 298; Image: 598.

                  Household Members:
                  William Kenaday b. Indiana 1838
                  Ellen b. Indiana 1842
                  Mary b. Indiana 1864
                  John b. Indiana 1866
                  Elizabeth b. Indiana 1868

                  [found below by searching exact soundex spelling for Elizabeth Kenaday b.
                  1868 plus or minus one year in Noble County Indiana]

                  1880 United States Federal Census Record
                  Swan, Noble, Indiana

                  Source Citation: Year: 1880; Census Place: Swan, Noble, Indiana; Roll:
                  T9_302; Family History Film: 1254302; Page: 509.2000; Enumeration District:
                  75; Image: 0180.

                  Household Members: Name Age
                  Wm. Kennedey 45 (born Ohio, parents born Ohio)
                  Ellen Kennedey 38
                  Mary Kennedey 17
                  John Kennedey 14
                  Elizabeth Kennedey 12
                  Charles Kennedey 10
                  Mcheal Kennedey 7
                  George Kennedey 5
                  Nancy Kennedey 3
                  Anna Kennedey 4M

                  --
                  The only Ellen Maloney I could find in Indiana (of the right age)

                  1860 United States Federal Census Record
                  Smith, Whitley, Indiana

                  Source Citation: Year: 1860; Census Place: Smith, Whitley, Indiana; Roll:
                  M653_307; Page: 824; Image: 358.

                  Household Members: Name Age
                  Patrick Maloney 54 (b. Ireland)
                  Catharine Maloney 47 (b. Ireland)
                  Mary Maloney 20
                  Ellen Maloney 18 (all children b. Indiana)
                  John Maloney 15
                  James Maloney 13
                  Nancy A Maloney 11
                  Patrick Maloney 9
                  Bridgett Maloney 7

                  There are several possiblities for William Kennedy b. 1843 in either Ohio or
                  Indiana. None in the same county as the Maloney's. Do you know more about
                  him? Siblings names? Parents?

                  On 10/11/06, Susan Ball <genealogy.researcher@...> wrote:

                  > Btw, this William's parents were born in Ireland. Ellen was born in
                  > Indiana and her parents born in Ireland. I saved the Census image if you
                  > want it.
                  >
                  > Susan
                  >
                  > On 10/11/06, Susan Ball <genealogy.researcher@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Is this them? It was the first listing when I searched Ancestry -
                  > >
                  > > 1900 United States Federal Census Record
                  > > Pipe Creek, Madison, Indiana
                  > >
                  > > *Source Citation:* Year: *1900*; Census Place: *Pipe
                  > > Creek, Madison, Indiana*; Roll: *T623 386*; Page: *9A*;
                  > > Enumeration District: *107*.
                  > >
                  > > Household Members: Name Age
                  > > William Kennedy 63 (born Ohio; married 35 years)
                  > > Ellen Kennedy 56 (10 living children)
                  > > Patrick Kennedy 26
                  > > William Kennedy 24
                  > > Anna Kennedy 20
                  > > Maggie Kennedy 18
                  > > Joseph Kennedy 15
                  > > John J Dyer 33 (son-in-law)
                  > > Theresa Dyer 22 (daughter)
                  > > Burnard Dyer 7.12 (grand-son)
                  > >
                  > > Do you know the names of the 4 oldest children?
                  > >
                  > > Susan
                  > >
                  > > On 10/10/06, blue_eyed_angel4u64 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hello all!! I need some serious help please!! I'm trying to find info
                  > > > on my GGG-Grandparents William and Ellen Maloney Kennedy.. William was
                  > > > born in March 1837 in either Ohio or Indiana. They were married in
                  > > > Elwood, In and they have 10 children. William died in 1909 in Ege,
                  > > > Indiana, Noble County. I've searched Ancestry.com and some of the
                  > > > others but I'm unable to come up with anything.. As I said earlier,
                  > > > any
                  > > > and all info is greatly appreciated!!
                  > > > Thank you so very much!!
                  > > >
                  > > > P.S. I do know Ellen's parents came from Ireland. But where I'm not
                  > > > sure.
                  > > >
                  > > > Trina Kennedy Shideler

                • Shads
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 25 1:21 PM
                    Trina if you are still around, I know this is 6 years later but I have much information on William and Ellen Kennedy.
                    If anyone knows how to contact her please give her my email address and ask her to get ahold of me. Thanks
                    Anna Marie