[Genealogy Research Club] Re: Patrick Sutton, Mary Hayden, 1860s, Ireland

  • klgbcwr
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28, 2006
      I am waiting for what I think are Patrick Sutton's naturalization
      papers from New York. If they prove to be the correct Patrick
      Sutton, they should hold more precise info on where he came from.
      They cannot find any naturalization papers for Mary Hayden - although
      I believe at the time, a wife automatically became naturalized if her
      husband was, which would explain why there's no paperwork for her.
      I'll let you know what I find! Thanks for the book info.

      Kerry

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Clark & Rita Pederson"
      <pedj@...> wrote:

      > Kerry:
      >

      > You will probably have to do more research in order to find these
      > relatives. Finding a townland or farm name is pretty important if
      you want
      > to find your family in Ireland. I know I have been looking for
      many years.
      > I hope you get lucky and find someone else working on this family
      but
      > mostly likely that person will need to be you.
      >

      > You might want to look at a book called Tracing Your Irish
      Ancestors by
      > John Grenham and also a book called Finding Your Irish Ancestors a
      > Beginners Guide many be helpful.
      >

      > Happy Hunting!
      >

      > Rita
      >

      > _____

      s=97359714/grpId=5259940/grpspId=1600690932/msgI