Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Paperwork, Female Lines

  • April Payne
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25, 2006
      I have a huge five-inch binder for now until I can get it together to obtain many separate binders. I've divided it by surnames and have those pocket files inserted for each person on the tree. (Well, I'm working on that, anyway. :-P) With my Family Tree Maker program I can print out a small segment of my tree to correspond with the individual. In a page protector I have a photo (when available) of the person and on the flip side their spot in the family tree. I have the women in two places; behind her husband under his surname, and then again under her maiden name. I have a copy of the family page listing the children with each head of household.

      I have tabs to identify each surname and each subsequent head of household under that name.

      This works for now, but then again I'm hardly beyond my great-grandparents. ;-P

      april

      Judi Hardin <msjh@...> wrote:
      > Hi Judi,
      > What I mean is in the notebooks I have paperwork on my female people.
      > When they marry do I then put anything I find on them in the "husband's
      > name" folder? That being the census with the list of children and so on?
      > My folders start with the maiden name of the women and the last name of
      > men. Do I add a page of when that female married and list what folder she
      > can be found in? It sounded like an easy question, but as I write it seems
      > to get complicated. Barb

      Recent Activity

      8
      New Members