Prudence Stites, b, 1800, PA

  • klgbcwr
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2006
      Hello! I have Prudence Stites, born about 1800, married to Frederick
      Godshall prior to 1827, died in 1882 in Philadelphia, PA. They had
      children:

      Samuel – b. 1827, Delaware
      Henry Stites – b. 1829, Maryland, m. Elizabeth Huhn 1851
      Prudence Sophia – b. 29 Sept 1832, Maryland
      Frederick Jr. – b. 24 July 1835, Pennsylvania
      George – b. 1844, Pennsylvania

      I need her parents! The 1880 Census indicates that she and both her
      parents were born in PA, but I have run across errors in that area
      before.

      I have found a Prudence Stites, born about 1802, daughter of Peter
      Stites and Hannah Long. Peter Stites was born 1777 in Cumberland
      County, NJ. I am trying to determine if this Prudence is the same as
      my Prudence. Especially intriguing to me was that this Prudence had a
      brother Henry Stites, and my Prudence named her son Henry Stites
      Godshall.

      If you have any info on my Prudence, please let me know!

      Kerry Gans
      www.cyberconnectionscafe.com