James W. Warren, b. 1853, PA

  • klgbcwr
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2006
      The last Warren relative I have hard evidence for is James William
      Warren. He was born in Pennsylvania on May 27, 1853. He died December
      6, 1920, in Philadelphia, PA. He married Clara Godshall (born PA Nov
      1859) in 1884. They had a daughter, Ethel Warren, born Dec 1884, and
      a son, Harold Stites Warren, born December 1893.

      On the 1900 Census, he listed himself as J. William Warren, so he may
      have used William rather than James.

      According to his death certificate, his parents were James W. Warren
      and Mary Hobson, both born in PA (according to the death cert and the
      1900 Census). Since James William Warren is not listed as a "Junior",
      the "W" in the father's name may not be William.

      James W. Warren (the father) died sometime between 1853 and 1860,
      most likely in the Philadelphia, PA area. I know this because James
      William (the youngest child) was born in 1853, and Mary Hobson
      Warren, James W.'s wife, was remarried to a Daniel Lineau or Lineaw
      by 1860.

      James W. and Mary had at least 5 children:

      Clara - b. 1841
      Thomas C. - b. 1843
      Benjamin Franklin - b. 1845, d. April 1914
      Henry L. - b. 1851
      James William - b. May 27, 1853, d. December 6, 1920

      James William, Thomas, and Benjamin are all buried in the Laurel Hill
      Cemetery in Philadelphia, PA.

      If anyone has info regarding this family, particularly of the father,
      James W. Warren, I would love to hear from you!

      Kerry Gans
      www.cyberconnectionscafe.com