Intro - Bullen

  • kellanne2
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2006
      My name is Kellie and I'm tracing the Bullen family tree. They originated from
      Boulogne,
      France till about 1100 then Boleyns in Norfolk, the Bullens from about 1600 in
      Kinsale and
      Ballythomas Ireland and then Glouchester in1800s then to Australia. If there is
      anyone elsa
      out there I woluld love to here from you.

      Thanks heaps, Kellie
    • Ron Lahav
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2006
        Hello Kellie,

        Your Bullens are a variant as you stated of the
        Boleyns of Norfolk, whose most famous member was Anne
        Boleyn, the second wife of Henry VIII and the mother
        of Elizabeth I. If you would like further information
        please contact me off List at <lahavs@...>.

        Ron Lahav
        Newcastle upon Tyne, England

        --- kellanne2 <kelliebullen@...> wrote:

        > My name is Kellie and I'm tracing the Bullen family
        > tree. They originated from
        > Boulogne,
        > France till about 1100 then Boleyns in Norfolk, the
        > Bullens from about 1600 in
        > Kinsale and
        > Ballythomas Ireland and then Glouchester in1800s
        > then to Australia. If there is
        > anyone elsa
        > out there I woluld love to here from you.
        >
        > Thanks heaps, Kellie

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • April Payne
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 16, 2006
          Hey Ron,

          Any help out there for the Dewdney name?

          I'm told my great-grandfather, Arthur Dewdney, came from Surrey County, near Dorking. His father's name was Alfred Dewdney, and the source I've got lists his mother's name as Lorinne or Louise, can't quite make out the writing, but I've yet to find any such reference to her through a census check.

          I do find an Alfred and a Naomi who have a son Arthur and later another son Alfred (my grandfather always joked that his dad, Arthur, was paid by his brothers to leave England) and a sister named Kate, among other children. I know there was a sister named Kathryn (have her photograph) and a brother named Alfred but I'm lost and keep hitting a brick wall. I've also got a grainy picture of the house in England.

          Arthur came to the United States through Canada and settled in Argentine, Kansas where he worked for the railway. He was born on March 25, 1862, arrived in the U.S. in 1878 ; married Edith Pearl Herring on May 19, 1889 and died on March 11, 1905 (killed on the job). He's buried in Kansas. Any help tracking down my British family would be greatly appreciated. I'd like them to know I exist.

          Thanks,

          April L. Payne

          Ron Lahav <shmendrik1812@...> wrote:
          Hello Kellie,

          Your Bullens are a variant as you stated of the
          Boleyns of Norfolk, whose most famous member was Anne
          Boleyn, the second wife of Henry VIII and the mother
          of Elizabeth I. If you would like further information
          please contact me off List at <lahavs@...>.

          Ron Lahav
          Newcastle upon Tyne, England

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          april

          "Consider me a fool, for I believe in something greater than myself." -- The Galactic Prophet

        • Karen Minnemeyer
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 24, 2006
            Kellie:
            My name is Karen and I have BULLENS in my maternal line.

            Edmund Bullen (my GGG Grandfather) was born in North Carolina, about 1811 and was living in Henry County, Indiana in 1850. He had at least one child: Nancy born in Indiana in 1844.

            Nancy married John Sylvester SMEAR February 16, 1864 in Henry County, Indiana. They had a son: William Chester SMEAR born November 24, 1864 in Henry County, Indiana.

            After John Sylvester SMEAR's death in 1900, Nancy BULLEN SMEAR married Allen McGRIFF on March 10, 1906.

            Does any of this match up with your BULLENS?
            Karen

            Karen E. Minnemeyer
            kamiki1@...