Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Husband's Grandfathers Business

  • Susan Ball
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2006
      Ina, you might want to the city directories for Brooklyn in the late
      1930's. They'll have names, addresses and occupations (possibly the name of
      the business). Try asking your librarian - also ask about obtaining
      business registration information.

      Susan

      On 9/8/06, metuchenalgaze <Peakcat@...> wrote:

      > Hi All:
      >
      > Need some help from the experts. My husband's maternal grandfather had
      > a business in Brooklyn, NY making frankfurters that were sold in
      > stores. We know it was on Johnson Avenue in the Bushwick section of
      > Brooklyn in the late 1930's. Any ideas how I might track this down
      > would be appreciated. Unfortunately we do not know the business name.
      >
      > Ina Getzoff
      > Metuchen, NJ
      > Peakcat@...

    • Clark & Rita Pederson
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 10, 2006
        Ina

        You might try the City Directory or see if they had business directories.
        Many City Directories have a good amount of information about business in
        the area.

        Rita

        _____

        Need some help from the experts. My husband's maternal grandfather had
        a business in Brooklyn, NY making frankfurters that were sold in
        stores. We know it was on Johnson Avenue in the Bushwick section of
        Brooklyn in the late 1930's. Any ideas how I might track this down
        would be appreciated. Unfortunately we do not know the business name.

        Ina Getzoff
        Metuchen, NJ
        Peakcat@aol. <mailto:Peakcat%40aol.com> com

      • Sandra
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 10, 2006
          Ina,

          You might get in touch with the Library, City Offices, Historical Society or Genealogical Society in that area and see if there are City Directories kept from that time frame.

          Good Luck
          Sandra in California