Re: gedcom with family info

  • Kathy P
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8 9:26 AM
      If the gedcom has the same name as the file you are
      now using, right click on it and choose rename. Name
      it something else, then open FTM and import it with
      the new name. You can then open it in FTM and it
      will not be merged with your family file.

      --- genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Genealogy Research Club - A forum for genealogy
      information exchange! Genealogy Research
      Club - A forum for genealogy information exchange!

      Messages In This Digest (1
      Message)

      1.
      I have a ?? Need soime desperate help From:
      Tina Ellsworth
      View All Topics | Create New Topic

      Message
      1.
      I have a ?? Need soime
      desperate help Posted by: "Tina
      Ellsworth" baces_gal777@...
      baces_gal777
      Thu Sep 7, 2006 7:38 pm (PST)
      Ok I have Family Tree Maker 2006, a
      family member sent me a GED file with alot of family
      history on it, but I already have a tree started is
      there a way to either print all thats on the file she
      sent me (where it will include all siblings &
      children) to where I can add it to what I already have
      OR is there an easier way to add it mine where I wont
      lose any of my information (cause I was told if you
      try and add a file it will overwrite anything you had
      on there.
      Any help will be greatly appreciated.
      (I feel silly asking so many ?'s but like I've said
      before I'm just picking this back up again)

      Sincerely
      Tina E

      Back to top
      Reply to sender
      | Reply to group
      Messages in this topic
      (1)

      Recent
      Activity

      11
      New Members

      1
      New Links

      Visit Your Group

      Y! GeoCities

      Create a Blog

      And tell the world

      what you think.

      Y! Toolbar

      Get it Free!

      easy 1-click access

      to your groups.

      Yahoo!
      Groups

      Start a group

      in 3 easy steps.

      Connect with others.

      Need to Reply?

      Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a
      specific message in the Daily Digest.

      Create New Topic | Visit
      Your Group on the Web
      Messages | Files |
      Photos | Links | Database |
      Polls | Members | Calendar
      Searching for your ancestry? You'll find
      great help at Ancestry.Com

      You are receiving a Daily Digest Change
      Delivery Settings
      Visit Your Group | Yahoo!