Re: Kerr family

  • Tom Knox
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2006
      Louise -

      Montana Death Index, 1907-2002
      Name: Soren Kerr Gender: Male
      Age: 42 Estimated Birth Year: 1880
      Death Date: 11 Apr 1922 Index Number: Fltd 841
      Source: Montana Office of Vital Statistics

      World War I Draft Registration Card
      Soren Samuel Kerr born 09 Sep 1880
      address: 327 Spokane Ave Whitefish Flathead Montana
      occupation: Engineer, G N R Company (Great Northern Railroad)
      nearest relative: Florence Kerr (same address)
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6482&iid=MT-
      1684038-2572

      Looks like Soren (Senior) & Johanna Kerr took a vacation?
      Florida Passenger Lists, 1898-1951
      Name: Soren Kerr
      Arrival Date: 6 Jun 1916
      Birth Date: abt 1861 Age: 55 Gender: Male
      Nationality/Race: Danish
      Ship: Miami
      Port of Departure: Havana, Cuba
      Port of Arrival: Key West, Florida
      Last Residence: Cuba
      Birth Location: Denmark
      Microfilm Roll Number: t940_34
      Page: 017 Line Number: 18
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
      htx=View&r=an&dbid=8842&iid=t940_34-0648
      NOTE: line 19 is "Kerr, Johanan, age 59"

      This *might* be Soren (Senior) Kerr -
      Minnesota Death Index, 1908-2002
      Name: Soren Kerr
      Death Date: 21 Sep 1931
      Death County: Ramsey
      State File Number: 024910
      Certificate Number: 024910
      Certificate Year: 1931
      Record Number: 600264

      NOTE: the *other* Soren Kerr (b. 16 Aug 1885 son of Rasmus Kerr)
      died 24 Dec 1963 in Ramsey County, MN.

      Soren/Soran & Johanna Kerr/Karr are also found in
      1920 and 1930 St Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota censuses.
      I did not find them in the 1910 census -
      were they living in Cuba already?

      - Tom Knox
    • Ron Lahav
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 15, 2006
        Hello Louise,

        The Kerrs are one of the oldest and greatest families
        of Scotland. If you would like further information
        please contact me off List at <lahavs@...>.

        Ron Lahav
        Newcastle upon Tyne, England

        http://mail.yahoo.com