Re: Kerr family

  • Tom Knox
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2006
      Louise -

      Is this the correct KERR family ?

      1930 Spokane, Spokane, Washington
      Kerr, Florence, head 44 widow married at age 21 born MN:MN:France
      occupation:None
      (), Normand, son 23 married at age 22 born MN:MN:MN
      - Machinist, Steam Railroad; veteran:No
      (), Elenore, daughter 21 widow married at age 20 born MN:MN:MN
      - Saleslady Candy store
      (), Julia, daughter in law 22 married at age 21 born Italy:Ita:Ita
      - Beauty operator, Beauty parlor
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
      htx=View&r=an&dbid=6224&iid=WAT626_2517-1053

      1920 Whitefish, Flathead, Montana
      Kerr, Soren S, head 39 married born MN:Denmark:Denmark
      - Locomotive Engineer, Railroad
      (), Florence J, wife 36 married born MN:VT:MN
      (), Normand A, son 13 born MN:MN:MN
      (), Eleanor J, daughter 11 born MN:MN:MN
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
      htx=View&r=an&dbid=6061&iid=MTT625_971-0455

      1910 St Paul Ward 9, Ramsey, Minnesota
      (indexed as KARR but could also be KERR)
      Kerr?, Saren, head 30 married.1 4 yrs born Denmark
      - immigrated 1882? Naturalized; Engineer, G.N.R.R.
      (), Florence, wife 30 married.1 4 yrs born MN:MN:MN
      - 2 children 2 living
      (), Norman, son 3 born MN:Denmark:MN
      (), Elenor, daughter 1+3m? born MN:Denmark:MN
      (), Einer, brother 19 born MN:Denmark:MN
      - Rate Clerk?, C.G.W.R.R.?
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
      htx=View&r=an&dbid=7884&iid=MNT624_718-0485

      1900 St Paul Ward 1, Ramsey, MN "363 Magnolia"
      Kerr, Soren, head 39 married 18 yrs born May 1861 Den:Den:Den
      - immigrated 1887 13 yrs ago; Car repairer, NP RR
      - owns the house mortgaged
      (), Johanna, wife 44 married 18 yrs born Jan 1856 Den:Den:Den
      - immigrated 1887 13 yrs ago; 7 children 5 living
      (), Soren Jr, son 16 born Sept 1883 Den:Den:Den
      - immigrated 1887 13 yrs ago; Messenger whol Hardware
      (), Carl C, son 10 born Aug 1889 MN:Den:Den At School
      (), Einer, son 8 born Sept 1891 MN:Den:Den At School
      (), Harry, son 5 born Aug 1894 MN:Den:Den (ditto marks)
      (), Arthur, son 2 born July 1897 MN:Den:Den
      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
      htx=View&r=an&dbid=7602&iid=MNT623_782-0999

      World War I Draft Registration Card
      Carl Christan Kerr 2 Aug 1888
      Einer Kerr 18 Sep 1891
      Harry Kerr 28 Aug 1894
      Arthur Kerr 9 Jul 1897
      ----------
      Soren Kerr born 16 Aug 1885
      (son of Rasmus Kerr; living in 1930 St.Paul,MN)

      - Tom Knox IBSSG

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "ayotte218"
      <ayotte@...> wrote:

      > Hello everyone. I am new to genealogy because my hubby made an
      > offhand comment that he would like to visit his infant brother's
      grave in Missoula, MT. The baby died before he was born and we did
      find where he is buried. One thing led to another; we have found
      his grandfather's grave in Whitefish. In the 1930 census, we found
      a Julia Kerr, daughter in law. Since his father is the only son,
      it seems reasonable that he was married to a Julia at that time.
      > However, he married my husband's mother in 1935 or 1936. We want
      to find Julia's records to see if my husband has any siblings.
      Can anyone help me? Julia was italian and we assume they may have
      married in 1925-1930 because hubby's father was only 16 in the
      1920 census.
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Louise

    • Tom Knox
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2006
        Louise -

        Montana Death Index, 1907-2002
        Name: Soren Kerr Gender: Male
        Age: 42 Estimated Birth Year: 1880
        Death Date: 11 Apr 1922 Index Number: Fltd 841
        Source: Montana Office of Vital Statistics

        World War I Draft Registration Card
        Soren Samuel Kerr born 09 Sep 1880
        address: 327 Spokane Ave Whitefish Flathead Montana
        occupation: Engineer, G N R Company (Great Northern Railroad)
        nearest relative: Florence Kerr (same address)
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6482&iid=MT-
        1684038-2572

        Looks like Soren (Senior) & Johanna Kerr took a vacation?
        Florida Passenger Lists, 1898-1951
        Name: Soren Kerr
        Arrival Date: 6 Jun 1916
        Birth Date: abt 1861 Age: 55 Gender: Male
        Nationality/Race: Danish
        Ship: Miami
        Port of Departure: Havana, Cuba
        Port of Arrival: Key West, Florida
        Last Residence: Cuba
        Birth Location: Denmark
        Microfilm Roll Number: t940_34
        Page: 017 Line Number: 18
        http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?
        htx=View&r=an&dbid=8842&iid=t940_34-0648
        NOTE: line 19 is "Kerr, Johanan, age 59"

        This *might* be Soren (Senior) Kerr -
        Minnesota Death Index, 1908-2002
        Name: Soren Kerr
        Death Date: 21 Sep 1931
        Death County: Ramsey
        State File Number: 024910
        Certificate Number: 024910
        Certificate Year: 1931
        Record Number: 600264

        NOTE: the *other* Soren Kerr (b. 16 Aug 1885 son of Rasmus Kerr)
        died 24 Dec 1963 in Ramsey County, MN.

        Soren/Soran & Johanna Kerr/Karr are also found in
        1920 and 1930 St Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota censuses.
        I did not find them in the 1910 census -
        were they living in Cuba already?

        - Tom Knox
      • Ron Lahav
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 15, 2006
          Hello Louise,

          The Kerrs are one of the oldest and greatest families
          of Scotland. If you would like further information
          please contact me off List at <lahavs@...>.

          Ron Lahav
          Newcastle upon Tyne, England

          http://mail.yahoo.com