Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone live in Mich.?

  • traci brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2006
      Hello!
      I live in Port Huron,MI, just started voluntarying as a researcher for my area. I would love to try and Help! What can I do?
      Traci

      atwtreasures <ddd1000@...> wrote:
      Hello everyone,
      I am new here and would like to know if anyone has any access to
      records from the area of Lincoln, Mich. or Port Huron, Mich., or
      Detroit, Mich. areas? I am trying to find my Great-Great Grandfather
      Peter Lavier dit Pierre Lavier dit Peter or Pierre LaVier dit Peter or
      Pierre Lariviere, Born around 1812. He had a sister Sofia, and 2 sons
      Daniel and Nowell. If I can verify Peter, then I may be able to trace
      my lineage to the early 1700's. I guess I should add the name to the
      data base, but just wanted to see if anyone has access to the Mich.
      resources then I could get a little more specific. I am somewhat home
      bound taking care of a disabled husband, and 2 sons with cancer, so
      getting to a library, etc. is difficult. I started searching about 5
      years ago, but had to put it aside for a bit, so I am somewhat new to
      methods of finding and recording, etc. I hope to learn a lot from
      viewing the messages here. Oh, by the way, my name is Pattie and I
      live near Seattle, Wa. For now I am going to search some of the links
      that have been posted....some look real interesting, and am glad to
      have found this sight as I have a ton of questions.

    • Patricia Donery
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2006
        Hi traci,
        It would be great if you could help me. I know some of my family lived in
        Port Huron, and some in Lincoln, Mich.
        I am looking for records for Jule Lavier,b.sept.1920,his father Oran Lavier,
        b.june 1889, his father Daniel Alonzo Lavier, b. 1836 and Daniels wife Nancy
        Weiss, b. feb. 1846, and Daniels father, Peter,b. abt. 1812. We have know
        Peter as "Peter", but may also be Pierre, also name could be LaVier, or
        possibly Lariviere. We know Daniel may have been born in Port Huron, and had
        7 children, David, Etta, Melvin, Nellie, Lottie, Bert, and Oran. Daniel may
        have died in Port Huron, Lincoln, or Detroit. Nancy Weiss was from Canada,
        and married there. I know that there was a fire at the Lincoln Court House
        so the records there were lost. Any thing that you can locate would be of
        great help. You may email me directly if you like.
        Thankyou,
        Pattie